Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:33:44 PM

Author Topic: How do I order chains?  (Read 6338 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: How do I order chains?
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 12:03:53 AM »
Hi, Spinnetti

Looked at your dxf and LC PRO, There doesn't seem to be a way to move Entity at this time.

I think the best approach would to draw each half on a different layer, Then you should be able to move the starting points for the chains.

Top of screen "Save *.LCAM"

Thanks, Chip

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »
Bah!

Chip, thanks for your efforts. I really to appreciate it. This is really crazy though (nature of Techies I suppose). Everybody is trying to build the end all tools, yet of the 1/2 dozen products I've tried, NOT ONE will do the following basic stuff (at least as far as I can figure out). Worst part is, I can't even import a DXF directly in to Mach3, without using lazy cam, making it worse that it was when I bought it.

1. Import DXF (everybody seems to do this ok)
2. Click and rotate (orient) the drawing to the x/y axis (nobody seems to do this in a simple easy to use way, and my DXF's invariable import different than I need them laid out to cut)
3. Click on the point I want to be the 0,0 coordinate (I give up digging for how to set this)
4. Set tool offset (everybody seems to do this ok)
5. Ability do define chains segment by segment if desired
6. Have the ability to either click on a chain, then click it again to change machining direction, or set by segment/sub-chains.

This stuff all exists in parts and pieces across software, and seems fundimental. My parts couldn't get any easier, yet I have yet to find anything where I can load up my drawing and get Gcode. This is crazy.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 05:05:04 PM »
Hi, Spinnetti

Looked at your dxf and LC PRO, There doesn't seem to be a way to move Entity at this time.

This is what I did, Edited each half on a different layer in Cad, Then saved them by turning one layer off at a time, Saved them to left and right.

Load one at a time and saved as LCAM files, Hear thy are.

LC just isn't up to doing much at this time  >:(

Thanks, Chip

Hears the DXF also
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:55:03 PM by afn09556 »
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
Hi, Spinnetti

This is what I did, Edited each half on a different layer in Cad, Then saved them by turning one layer off at a time, Saved them to left and right.

Load one at a time and saved as LCAM files, Hear thy are.

LC just isn't up to doing much at this time  >:(

Thanks, Chip

Thanks for your help...