Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:13:17 AM

Author Topic: Quick Threads Wizards  (Read 21118 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Quick Threads Wizards
« on: December 24, 2007, 10:10:48 AM »
Here is the Re-uploaded "Quick Threads" Wizard, (

I  built a Lathe Threading Wizard called "Quick Threads", you can do Multiple threads, clearances, directions, hands...etc.
I added that nice little "Free Ware" Thread calculation Wizard that was posted up here so You can have an easy access Thread form calculator chart!! It has a Help file for how to use it, please read the "Read Me 1st".

I hope you like it, tell me what you think,

Scott S.
fun times
Re: Quick Threads Wizards
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
Well I like it.

I don't suppose  it's possible to do a wizard for roughing and finishing a profile, in diameter mode, plus a thread, is it............... please?   ;D

Jim..

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »
There already are some roughing/finishing wizards for just that, run one of them first then run the threader.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »
here is an updated screen set, with more muted colors, by request. also bug fixes for metric posting.

scott
fun times
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »
Hi Scott,

I'm just getting started with cnc threading and your new wizard seems like a good starting point.

One dumb question to start with...  How do I change a value on one of the wizard screens?  If I highlight a field, I can change the value, but as soon as I select another field the value reverts to it's default.  I'm doing something silly, please enlighten me...

When I load the wizard the field values are displayed in a yellow font on a bright green background.  Its kind of difficult to read.  Is there an easy way to change this?

Bob
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
Hi Scott,

It looks like I pulled down v2 with the non-muted colors.  I'll pull down V3 and try again.

Still haven't figured out the change settings silliness...

Bob
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
I wish I had a buck for every time that problem has appeared here. After you enter a value you must press the ENTER key, if you click into another box mach assume you really didnt mean to change the value.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
Where do I copy this .set file to make it work?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:29 AM »
If you want it to appear as a turn  wizard then it goes into the c:\Mach3\TurnAddons\QuickThreads. It will then appear on the list of wizards shown by the menu item for wizards.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »
Thanks Ron, for answering that, appreciate you my friend!

scott
fun times