Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:03:36 AM

Author Topic: movement stops but dro says its still going  (Read 6761 times)

movement stops but dro says its still going
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:41:46 PM »
hi my omega saw is a 5 axis machine x,y,z,b,a.  a is a rotating table.  when i try to cut circles it will only make 4 full rotations before the table stops but, the dro keeps reading as though the table is moving.  anyone know how to fix this?  i need the table to continue infinitely.  the people who installed the motor says it should so i think that there is i limit or something in the software. 

help please!!!

sooperdrave

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: movement stops but dro says its still going
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »
Hi, Sooperdrave

If you hit a limit switch in Mach the DRO's should stop , The Status: line should show the Limit info.

Dose your A axis cont. board have a Fault indication ?

Is it a stepper or servo ?

More info. would help

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:38:31 PM »
hi chip,  i think its a servo.  the table stops and the dro keeps going.  what is the a axis cont board? located?  where is the status line.  im a newb so maybe these are dumb questions but i really need the help.

thanks
sooperdrave

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
Hi, Sooperdrave

There should be a board/box that controls your A axis motor, Dose it have any lamp/led/indicator light that shows a fault when it fails to rotate.

What do you do to get it to re-start ?

Status line is on the bottom of the Program Run page/window.

Could you Post the G-code file your using ? Use the REPLY Button to the Right and Attach the feature.

Thanks, Chip

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »
hi chip.  no there is no fualt indication on the a motor.  here is an ex of what happens.  say i go into mdi and enter g0a#### (positive number or negative).   the table will rotate 3-4  times then stop moving while the dro output says its still going.  so i press the stop button and it stops.  then to get the table rotating again i just enter g0a ####  (whatever the number is in the opposite direction) to get the table moving again.  now... say the table stopped on 1600.  if i tell the table to go backwards it will start moving agian at the same number is stopped at on the dro.    i hope this makes sense.  if not ill try to explain it better.

thanks
dave

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 12:15:23 AM »
Hi, Dave

If the DRO is still moving the A axis should be moving.

Need to think on this one a little. Try a "g01 A100000 F25" move, maybe your velocity is set to fast.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »
hi chip,
         no its not the velocity.  i saw in general config a box that says  360 degree rollover.  would that have anything to do with it?

thanks,

dave

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »
Hi, Dave

Could you post your xml file, It's located in your C:Mach3 folder/subdirectory, It will have the same name as the file you load for your setup.

Common name would be Mach3Mill.xml, Use the REPLY button then Attach.

Make a copy of it, Then rename the copy to Dave Mach3Mill

Where do you live, Sent you a PM, Top of this screen by your name, you have # messages, 1 are new.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »
 Chip,

.   i live in maine.  i tried to copy the xml and attatch it but it says i cannont attatch that type of file.  maybe there is another way?

dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
You need to rename it as the forum will only let  a file be uploaded once and Mach3Mill.xml has been done before. Just copy your xml to for example the desktop then right click on it and choose rename, you can then call it sooperdave.xml and it should upload to the forum o problem.
Hood