Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:01:25 AM

Author Topic: Uploading g codes  (Read 6006 times)

Uploading g codes
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:10 PM »
I have my cnc plasma moving, but when upload the roadrunner gcode that comes with the mach software, the machine runs up to 5ocmmts from home and stops there, the motors feel trying to move. The work in the screen continues to the end.. Any idea?
I also tryied with sheetcam gcodes, worked the same way
Maybe some one can send som g codes to try?
 Thanksa
Luis

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Uploading g codes
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
Hi Luis - I'll take a flyer at this one. As you're set up in mm I suspect that your machine is working just fine but the roadrunner is TINY - about 6mm accross. Also the feedrate is 60mm / min so very slooooooow. It's meant (I guess) to be in imperial units. Insert a G20 at the beginning and I think it'll rock and roll. ;D
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »
Thanks I{m going to check,  But now I have another issue, using the arrow keys and changing to negative in soft limits I have the axis runing as the manualsays X and Y toPositive and Z to negative, but when I reference all, the axis run in different direction. Also when I upload the gcode it appears in the screen in the negative out of the table... I have read that manual so many times and always have to check the same cases to get the machine to the same error.
Luis

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 06:39:23 PM »
Hi, Luis

In Config, Home & Limits, Theres a setting to set the Home Direction's for neg. or pos.

After you home and load your program, Jog or move to a location that will allow for the file to be cut and zero your x,y position and Regenerate your view.

When you exit Mach, Answer No to the "save Work Offsets"

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »
Thanks, but I did the change in the home and limits, but the display counts negative when it has to count positive, and the regenrate a did it too , but the gcode is in the neg out of the table , then the z  moves a little and nothing else happen.... If I try to reinstall the software, maybe some file missing, dont know....
thanks
Luis

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 08:23:35 PM »
Hi, Luis

In Config, Home & Limits, "Reverse" axis, tried that also. ?

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »
Yes, I imput the settings as the mach manual says, the x axis runs from left to rigth, the x axis from  back to front (inversed) and z axis runs from up to down, then i reverse it (other times change the low signal) and make them go in the rigth dir.  After that I reference all and the  y and z go inversed, then i go back to reverse it  but the displays shows the y axis counting negative and the z axis(that is goiing up) is counting positive...???
The other thing is with the gcode , i upload it and it goes to negative in the display check the photo.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »
Hi, Luis

The Active Low/High settings in Config, Ports & Pins shouldn't be used to reverse directions, It's for setting rising & falling pulses (some stepper controls are sensitive to this)

Reversing should be done in Config, Home & Limits, Z up is +, Left fwd corner of your table should be 0,0 spindle to the front left of table.

Then X,Y are Positive Spindle moves right and back of your table. (most set them that way)

Maybe I'm missing something hear ?

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »
Chip, thanks, I just found the problem.... the keyboard , is new, the keys are not in place as they had to be , i changed them and now its working.

now have to change the pins in the step driver...
 Than ks for all help
Luis

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »
Hi, Luis

Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks, Chip