Hello Guest it is October 04, 2026, 09:09:10 AM

Author Topic: Redundant Entries in Machine IO Tab  (Read 136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Redundant Entries in Machine IO Tab
« on: September 19, 2026, 10:51:37 PM »
Hi,
being horribly confused by the Machine IO Tab.

The legitimate enabled outputs seem to work as you'd expect, going active with the signal. But note the additional and repeat entries in the list. Those
particular variables had previously been removed using the 'Remove all Variables' function, but they remain visible in the panel but no longer reflect the
state of the variable.....very confusing.....are you looking at a genuine signal state or are you looking at some screen artefact that is NOT reflective of signal state?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Redundant Entries in Machine IO Tab
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2026, 11:43:57 AM »
Hi,

This Machine I/O tab is based off of enabled signals. It will show the enabled input signals and the enabled output signals automatically. There is a current visual bug I have noticed, where - If you go into edit screen, then go into Configure → Control..., This will duplicate the Enabled inputs. Restarting Mach should resolve this visual bug. I have reported this bug to our dev team.
Thanks,

Paul
Re: Redundant Entries in Machine IO Tab
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2026, 02:14:11 PM »
Hi Paul,
yes I've seen multiple entries for the same variable in that list, but then I've been fiddling a lot with with EditScreen/Configure/Control, the exact circumstance
that you sight. Indeed I've found that only a Mach restart will cause the fault to disappear.

I presume in several months form now when I've finally got MachPro to my liking that I will use EditScreen very little and thus the fault is unlikely to bother me......but it has confused
me when I'm still trying to get MachPro setup.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Redundant Entries in Machine IO Tab
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2026, 03:48:26 PM »
I get that, hopefully we can get rid of all these artifacts and minor bugs by years end. Anything like this you stumble across, please let us know, so that we may check to see if it has been resolved or if it needs to be moved to the docket.
Thanks,

Paul