Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:26:11 AM

Author Topic: error code  (Read 8014 times)

Offline moxy

•  34 34
    • View Profile
error code
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »
Hi everyone, I have just loaded ver 3.60 and was using the gear cutting wizard. The job was running fine but during the run a popup appeared ststing that an error ,art code 3336 had occurred and did I want to try and repair it. If yes is selected, nothing happens....the job keeps on running to the end. If no, then Mach is immediately terminated. Anybody seen this?

Best regards
Les

Offline Doorn

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Re: error code
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:10:36 AM »
It seems no one else had this error until now.
I get it during the generating toolpath (about 80% done) when loading a certain milling file. If i however click solve, I get the next error 9991.
If i click solve again, the 9991 keeps coming back, if i select no Mach 3 terminates.

I first thought it might be the number of code lines in the program (that was about 63,000) I reduced it to >50K, but mach 3 should support up to 10M lines.
Also I milled a program with over 40K lines successfully last week and did not change any settings.
This program uses the same milling cycles so I don't think the file contains different codes which mach3 would maybe not support.

Does anyone know what the errors 3336 and 9991 mean, what causes it and how to solve/bypass it?   

There is another strange thing caused by loading a code file which i can solve but often returns.
I control Jog via the macro pump and it works fine, but sometimes after loading a code file the responce to the buttons press or release is delayed a few seconds.
To solve this i need to close the code file and reload it one or two timed and test the jog. Once Jog works again it remains OK until i load a new code file.
Not nice, but I can live with it. Maybe it's related

Offline Doorn

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 05:12:47 AM »
Found it myself, ;D
I started to delete sections of the program and it appeared to be in a drilling section.
In one of the sections i used a G73 but with a Q0 and Q is not allowed to be negative or zero.
Maybe its possible to generate a more detailed error like "Q not allowed to be negative or zero" in a future release?
With G2 and G3 it also reports missing IJKR (At least during the program not sure during loading).

Best Regards
David

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
Interesting information there Guys.
Perhaps this will get taken up by the development team.

Tweakie.
PEACE