Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:11:18 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Plugin Tutorial Document and Prototype File Set  (Read 139700 times)

Re: Mach3 Plugin Tutorial Document and Prototype File Set
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 04:29:40 AM »
Unfortunately I wasn't able to run the gcolde calling the scripter object. I have tryed all kind of declaration.
At the end I have added :

#include "Mach3ObjectModel.h"
and
Instead of :
   //scripter.LoadFile((LPCSTR)"C:\\Mach3\\GCode\\roadrunner.tap");
I have wrote :
   Mach3ObjectModelStartup();
   LoadGcodeFile("C:\\Mach3\\GCode\\roadrunner.tap");
   Mach3ObjectModelShutdown();

Daniel
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:30 PM »
Hi Daniel,

Here is the last version of my CustomPlugin, it works just fine.  Maybe you can find out what is different.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 07:23:56 AM »
@jemmyell - first of all thank you for continuous support.
Following your tutorial I was able to develop more my plugin and I hope that I will post it soon.
(it's about cnc drilling for toner transfer built pcb's)

I had a problem and found that scripter.loadfile cannot be called in body of a procedure wich is overriding the WndProc method (to trap the window messages).
On WndProc I save the string received and on form timer I will call scripter.LoadFile.

Daniel

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:04:13 PM by dandumit »
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
@jemmyell - first of all thank you for continuous support.
Following your tutorial I was able to develop more my plugin and I hope that I will post it soon.
(it's about cnc drilling for toner transfer built pcb's)

I had a problem and found that scripter.loadfile cannot be called in body of a procedure wich is overriding the WndProc method (to trap the window messages).
On WndProc I save the string received and on form timer I will call scripter.LoadFile.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes, that will probably work.  Consider using a worker thread to do the calls to the Mach3 scripter.  The thread can block on a named event and wake up to do whatever you need.  A linked list can be used to queue things to be done to the worker thread.

-James

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »
I've been going through the plug-in tutorial again today after being away from it for quite some time. I am up to the point where I have the form displayed and have added event handlers for the buttons. Problem is that it is displaying an HTML document in the background of the form. Obviously there is some box that I have checked in error and it has auto generated this bloody HTML page, For the life of me I can't figure out how to make it quite including it with the form.

Also, just found this as I got towards the end of the tutorial. The following are included in Mach3OjectModel.cpp:#include "Mach3DRO.h", #include "Mach3Button.h", but ar enot present in machincludes. What am I missing?

Any ideas? Thanks...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:12:29 PM by Jeff_Birt »
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 10:54:50 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Those header files should be in the latest download, available on page 1.  If not, please post here and I will fix it.  I am back from vacation now.

-James Leonard

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 10:05:20 AM »
I just found those headers just now in the zip file on this page (from May 4th). The file set on page 1 does not have them. There still seems to be some issues with the object model section. Should I start over with the may file set?

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Yes, you can use the new file set, or just use the custom plugin source code that I posted here also for dandumit.

-James

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »
Just for my future reference; does anybody have a clue how I caused an HTML page to appear as the dialog box background? I would like to know how to turn it off if I happen to do it again.

Thanks,

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »
Yes, cause it happened to me also.......

When you create a class for your dialog box, what very carefully the Type,  make sure it says "Cdialog"  NOT, "HtmlCdialog" (or something like that.... cant remember exact spelling)

scott
fun times