Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:40:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Plugin Tutorial Document and Prototype File Set  (Read 139672 times)

Re: Mach3 Plugin Tutorial Document and Prototype File Set
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 11:19:10 AM »
Hi Jeff,

The BlankPlugin is the original SDK sample.  It has not been maintained and is missing some of the latest additions most notably the notification callback / intrinsic.  I can help answer questions about this if you wish, but my prototype file set is what I use to create new projects.  This has all the functionality of the BlankPlugin and uses my debugging libraries.  The CustomPlugin project will be my example for all currently planned tutorials.  My next effort will be to fill in missing documentation sections and then explore the notification callback.  Also it appears VS 2005 support will be possible thanks to the great contribution of Lee Fairfield.

-James Leonard

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
Thanks for the explanation James. I also noticed that the SDK was missing a lot of things in MachIncludes (I did get hold of the latest though). I did like how you integrated the SysInternals debugging window. The ability to use VS2005 would be great as it's what I use for everything else. Your tutorial came at a good time as I was wanting to create a plug-in for Measurement Computing (MCC) I/O cards as I have several of them at work. The other advantage is that their 'Universal Library' should allow one plug-in to work with all the boards they make.

Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 11:54:21 AM »
Hey James,

in this statement: "Also it appears VS 2005 support will be possible thanks to the great contribution of Lee Fairfield", who is this and where do I get the work around so 2005 will work with plugins??  It is much easier to get Books and trainin in 2005 than to find any resources on 2003.

Again thank you for what you have done, as I told you early on, many, many here are hungry to learn this, but need a teacher. Looking forward to you next tuturials and your explaination of stuff for us C++ neophyte laymans.......hehehe.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 12:47:53 PM »
Hi Scott,

See the plugin annoucement thread in the Yahoo group where Lee Davis (I think Fairfield must be his location) documents a project setting for MBCS.  He has also posted a VS 2005 project in the 'Files' section there which I have not gone thriough yet since I have not installed VS 2005 yet.  I will try to do that later today.

-James

Hey James,

in this statement: "Also it appears VS 2005 support will be possible thanks to the great contribution of Lee Fairfield", who is this and where do I get the work around so 2005 will work with plugins?? It is much easier to get Books and trainin in 2005 than to find any resources on 2003.

Again thank you for what you have done, as I told you early on, many, many here are hungry to learn this, but need a teacher. Looking forward to you next tuturials and your explaination of stuff for us C++ neophyte laymans.......hehehe.

Scott

Revised Prototype File Set
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 03:48:15 PM »
Thanks again to Lee Davis.  He did the entire tutorial and has given me very good feedback.  Part of that was noting that I never got the header files for the DRO, BUTTON and LED support into my PluginProto file set.  So, here is a PluginProto_v01b.zip that contains Mach3Button.h, Mach3DRO.h and Mach3Led.h.  It is available in the first post on page 1.

-James
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:23:25 PM by jemmyell »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 04:16:57 PM »
Hi guys,

Yes, Fairfield is where I used to live. I should have thought of a better EMail Id. I posted the first half of the tutorial on the Yahoo site. Anyone is welcome to copy it over here if that is more convenient. I will be looking at VS2008 soon. I think it should handle it fine.

LeeFairfield AKA Leed3
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 05:11:09 PM »
Visual C++ 2003 is still available!  This product is just the VC++ 2003 .NET Learning Edition for $79.95 , but that is what you need for plugin work.  No academic eligibility is needed for this product.  They are also selling just the compiler for $49.95.

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=632691

-James

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 08:22:19 PM »
so...........when does the next Plugin tutorial in the series come out????   ???

scott
fun times
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »
so...........when does the next Plugin tutorial in the series come out???? ???

scott

Hi Scott,

I will definitely work on it during the Christmas break, but maybe sooner.  I am just buried with getting some beta (and alpha) software out for test and I had two nice contracts come in.  I need to finish those ASAP so I can get paid by the end of the year...

-James

Offline jp

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »
Dear James ( and Dear All ),

I have a question that stay always in my mind => where have you find the description of the C++ functions ( and the general SDK structure ) from scratch ?

Please excuse my question ( it can be stupid for confirmed C++ developer ).

Best regards,

Jean - Pierre