Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:40 AM

Author Topic: EStop problem/question  (Read 11344 times)

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
EStop problem/question
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »
I installed a new Emergency Stop button and connected to pin 11 (LPT), it's set as normally closed, so current flow untill an emergency occur.

In "ports and pin" windows I set anything to work with it, but mach 3 don't restore from emergency status.
In the "diagnosctic" screen, anything seems to work fine, emergency is disengaged... but mach doesn't reset from emergency status.

if i invert the pin setting to "low active" it works, but i have to keep the button pressed for makes mach run.
In the status bar, it keeps to say "External EStop Requested"...

Where i miss?

Thanks for all and sorry for my english  ;D.

Fabiano

vmax549

Re: EStop problem/question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:00:33 AM »
OK If set up correctly when you press the estop button MACH will shut down the movement processes. In order for mach to become active again you must release the estop switch to normal and then press restart on the screen. Mach will then become active again.

NOTE: Using a software ONLY approach to ESTOP is NOT a safe approach. ESTOP needs to do TWO things , STOP the processes in the software AND SHUT OFF the power to all drives. IF you were to end up with a runaway drive then NOTHING Mach is capable of doing will stop the runaway movement.

(;-) TP

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:06:15 AM »
Ok EStop is released, but when I press Reset (big red button flashing) nothing happen, it doesn't restart.
I think you meant "Reset"  not "Restart" right? otherwise, where is Restart button?

Yes I know that it's not the right way, but I need this thing  because if one of the 3 drivers fault, it can open the emergency pin and then stop the other 2 drivers.

My button and all my connection works, because in the diagnostic screen there's a feedback of it.

Fabiano

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:47:25 AM »
OK let's start from the top.

YOu have an estop.  It is setup in ports and pins. Are the settings correct?? PORT and PIN #?

If you look on the diagnostics page do you see the pins go inactive (led off) when you press the button?

If you push the estop does the Reset(;-) button start to flash and MACH stops?

If you reset the estop button can you hit the reset button and  it stops flashing?

Do you have any other switch or device inline with the estop circuit??

(;-) TP

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:07:19 PM »
> You have an estop.  It is setup in ports and pins. Are the settings correct?? PORT and PIN #?

Yes

> If you look on the diagnostics page do you see the pins go inactive (led off) when you press the button?

Yes

> If you push the estop does the Reset(;-) button start to flash and MACH stops?

The reset butto flash since I close Ports and pins config.

> If you reset the estop button can you hit the reset button and  it stops flashing?

nope

> Do you have any other switch or device inline with the estop circuit??

nope

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:22:06 PM »
> If you look on the diagnostics page do you see the pins go inactive (led off) when you press the button?

The led is ON when the button is pressed... though my circuit is normally closed I tested is right now with a gauge

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »
are you refering to the pinsport LED(green)  or the emergency LED(red)

Your should see a change of state on the green LED when you push the button. That change of state should stay untill you reset the switch then it should change back to the original state.

WHen you push the estop it should change state on the green LED AND turn on the red emergency LED(flashes).
When you reset the estop the Green LED should change states back to normal and the red emergency led should turn off
  This leaves the reset button on the screen flashing and MACH in an off condition. If you push the reset button on the screen MACH should then come back to normal.

Are all these conditions true on you r machine?

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:34:54 PM »
FABY, Do you have this function interfaced to your estop button??

QUOTE""" Yes I know that it's not the right way, but I need this thingĀ  because if one of the 3 drivers fault, it can open the emergency pin and then stop the other 2 drivers."""

It is sounding like you have another circuit  inline of the estop circuit not allowing it to reset????

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:11:26 PM by vmax549 »

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 02:56:21 AM »
I focused the problem in some background noise in my ltp connection board, I think it's too close to the drivers.

Thanks
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »
How would one determine if it is background noise? 
I have the same problem as stated above.  Mach3 states that an external emergency stop has been requested.  In the Diagnostics screen it does not indicate a signal from my E-stop button.  When I do press my e-stop button i do recieve a e-stop signal so I know it is working properly.  This is my initial start-up so I don't have my limit switches hooked up yet.  I am at a loss as to what else it could be.  Is there a way for Mach3 to list where it is receiving the E-stop request from?  Any Ideas?   Thanks