Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 06:39:56 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Soft limits problem (I know, I have seriously tried everything, 5 days)  (Read 1273 times)

Hi, everyone, im new here, from Spain, just built my beautiful cnc router, got my mach 3 license and have watched all the artsoft soft limit videos and troubleshooting and tried changing every setting and I still cant get them to work.
Well, not entirely true, the worked once and I was so happy, now I always get the machine out of limits for soft limits.
I will post screenshots to see if anyone can help me.
My real workspace is y=2300; soft limitmax = 2200.00
realx= 1300; softlimit= 1250 and z soft limit max is o and min is -80, the other mins are all 0.00.
i do have home switches, I do press ref all, it all goes green then try to get soft limits to work and there´s machine out of limits warning.
I seriously cant understand what I am doing wrong. Please help and thanks.
This happens with or without gcode
photos
more

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
I think you have the values the wrong way round :-

If your machine homes to the right back corner then the values are :-

X Max 2.00  X Min -2200.00
Y Max 2.00  Y Min -2300.00
Z Max 2.00 Z Min -80.00

If your machine homes to the front left then :-

X Max 2200.00  X Min -2.00
Y Max 2300.00  Y Min -2.00
Z Max 2.00 Z Min -80.00

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 08:47:03 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
Thanks so much, it seems to work ok, but I have to jog away from the home limits even at-2 for it to work. I can't understand why, but it's ok by me, because it seems to work
It´s been a while since I could get back to this, and even though I can work around it I can´t understand why it always says I´m out of limits and cant turn them on. I literally home, everything goes green, jog away a bit on all axes press soft limits " warning out of limits"

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
The first thing to do is make sure you do not have any axis reversed, if you do on steppers swap 2 wires on 1 phase of the motor and clear the reversed tick in homing and limits, do this for all reversed axis. Servo systems its an option in the drive or 3ph AC servo motor swap any 2 of the 3 motor wires. DC servo swap the 2 motor wires around.

Once this is done make sure machine homes the correct way, on a mill this will be table moving to the front and left and z moving up.  Router, spindle to rear right end and Z up, this point will be machine X0, Y0, Z0.

1. Home the machine.

2. Select Machine coordinates, Red ring around button when machine coords shown.

3. If Z axis can move up a small amount this will be your Z max value, then Jog Z axis down to required position. Note the DRO value this will be Z minimum.

4. If Y axis can move to the back a small amount this will be your Y max value, then Jog Y axis forward to required position. Note the DRO value this will be Y minimum.

5. If X axis can move to the right a small amount this will be your X max value, then Jog X axis left to required position. Note the DRO value this will be X minimum.

6. Set your slow zones speed to 20% and the length at 2" or 50mm for a start then adjust it up or down to get the minimum distance to a smooth stop.

If any axis is reversed the values will need to be reversed to.  Better to not have reversed axis.
Without engineers the world stops