Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:58 PM

Author Topic: Debounce in Mach4?  (Read 666 times)

Debounce in Mach4?
« on: February 04, 2023, 10:15:49 AM »
I keep seeing references to debounce and  noise filter setting in Mach4 but in spite of a lot of searching and reading, where is this all located?   Using an older version of  Mach4 but is it all in a later one?  Using a UC400ETH and trying to setup Homing and Limits.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.
Re: Debounce in Mach4?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 10:54:18 PM »
Hi,
de-bounce or noise filtering is property of the motion controller not Mach4. You need to look at the pin assignments of the UC400.

I use an ESS and the de-bounce is part of the ESS plugin PinConfig tab.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 07:38:57 AM »
Thanks Craig, I swear it was in Mach3? Perhaps not, but my UC400ETH setup does not appear to have that setup.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 09:20:29 AM »
It was in Mach3, but it was controlled by the motion controller plugin.  Same with Mach4. 
I think the ESS uses filtering per pin... (I may be wrong, it has been a while since I've used the ESS).  I know the HiCON has filtering on everything in one place like mach3 had.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 09:34:20 AM »
It was in Mach3, but it was controlled by the motion controller plugin.  Same with Mach4. 
I think the ESS uses filtering per pin... (I may be wrong, it has been a while since I've used the ESS).  I know the HiCON has filtering on everything in one place like mach3 had.

Your more than likely correct my  commercial machine was a Warp9 controller running on Mach3 and then 4. I had a PMDX 416 (with connection issues)  on this one and I thought it had those features... but I am not remembering.  Now this UC400ETH appears not, I should have gone with the Warp9 this time as Craig suggested...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:35:56 AM by wmgeorge »
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 02:08:59 PM »
Hi,
the ESS allows you to place filtering on each pin, it is the programmatic equivalent of a low pass filter. Each pin can have its own time constant.

If the UC400 does not have the same thing then add a low pass filter to each input for which it is required, a resistor and a capacitor, hardly rocket science.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'