Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:08:13 PM

Author Topic: Mach motion customer service  (Read 1210 times)

Mach motion customer service
« on: January 20, 2023, 12:37:46 PM »
Purchased their control package back in 2015.  I Happily paid more for the Hardware items through them rather than other suppliers like say buying the motion controller from Hiconn directly etc etc.  I wanted their service.  It was looking good in the beginning.  They did change the service tech on my since 2 years ago.  Before making the purchase I requested that the machine work like it did with Mach 3 when I had CNC 4pc Components.  I had a Brain and macro from hood that took care of the Bridgeport Back gear.  Would see a prox on the backgear off and know I am in back gear and if it was on knew I was in main gear and it would stop the program if I was in the wrong gear for the commanded speed.  Machmotion's tech Aaron said I would need to be upgraded to teh Global messaging enabled mach IV.  This ended up bombing my hard drive with only one out of 30 GB left and maybe also causing issues with low RAM shutdowns.  I am not even running programs yet just jogging back and forth trying to set a consistent and accurate steps per inch on my axis' of motion.  Now a remote session couldn't be secured teh new tech is trying to sell me a computer upgrade.  Reason we tried to remote session was because he says that they have a newer version of Mach IV that doesn't have RAM problems.  No they don't really take care of the hardware they sell.  After 8 years they deemed my controller ( computer) obsolete and want me to upgrade.     
Re: Mach motion customer service
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 11:53:59 PM »
Mountainman,

I am very sorry about the trouble you are having getting your system up and going.  I work for MachMotion and I will personally take a look at your tickets and see if there is any way I can help.  I will reach out to on Monday.

Andy
Andrew
MachMotion
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 10:58:17 AM »
For starters I have to upgrade my Advantech computer, hopefully just the SSD and the RAM.  If my friend who repairs computers/networks for a living has an entire MB that will fit in there than all the more better.  I do need help/guidance removing the Advantech from the X15-250 outer case.  If you are also in charge of hardware, My Apollo III is outputting  1.26-9.8 VDC for the spindle PWM signal.  I have an entire list of issues wrong with the system and would be very grateful if you could relay the appropriate issues to the appropriate personnel. Thank you.     
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 10:06:15 PM »
update for anyone that is interested, Mr Eldredge called me on his time.  About 1 hr ago and we were on the phone for about that long trying to figure out how to best fix the situation.  He told me how to remove the computer unit and we came to an agreement for a decent price on a computer upgrade ( was still slightly more expensive than me having it done locally, but I want the reliability he has to offer) and they would also pay for return shipping of my computer ( controller), Motion planner ( PWM signal issue) and VFD so they can check it and see that everything works like it should.