Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 04:37:02 AM

Author Topic: M4 update to 5000 version, result: system failures  (Read 1654 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: M4 update to 5000 version, result: system failures
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 01:51:01 AM »
I will also add that if Mach 4 build 5000 doesn't work for you and build 4612 does, it is most likely a problem with your motion controller plugin.  I do everything possible NOT to break the API so as to allow old plugins to run with newer versions of Mach.  In fact, I'd say I'm 100% successful at not breaking the API since early pre 1000 builds.  However, just not changing the API is not always successful in a build not working where a previous one did.  This is because every plugin is programmed differently because every programmer has their own way of solving problems with the hardware that they are dealing with.  What we run into is a technical problem called race conditions.  Now, since I have not change the API, what has changed with the new 5000 build to make things stop working?  And I could answer "nothing" and be technically correct.  However, what is different about Mach build 5000 is that is is capable of running G code a LOT faster than the previous builds.  On modern hardware, Mach 4 can process a line of G code in less than a millisecond.  That is over 1000 lines per second!

I say this because I have worked with a motion plugin developer where their motion plugin was simply not working well on Z moves with THC enabled anymore with build 5000.  Simply put, the motion plugin worked with previous builds because it depended on Mach being only so fast.  And when Mach got faster...  problems.  These things happen and the plugin developer and I got together and worked the issue out.  So if this is a CS-Labs plugin issue, that may be what has to happen here. 

Steve

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 04:30:15 AM »
hi Steve,
thank you for You're reply. as far as i can see the problem is in the cslabs plugin. i contacted CS-lab support about this. if there is a solution or an update i wil post that here.

regards, TanTanCNC

Offline dibor

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 02:53:34 PM »
Hello to the Group.
Anybody works with 5000 version and PoKeys57 controller??
Have movement trouble, have open twice service case and twice he was closed(remarked as resolved) without any notification.

Best Wishes.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 05:33:40 PM »
I have been in contact with Pokeys and they know what to do.  But in the interim, there is a new build 5028 that pretty much solves the race condition the faster core created with the motion plugins.  I would say that if their plugin worked with 4612, then it will also work with 5028.  Barring some unforeseen issue, that is.

Steve

Offline dibor

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 12:21:16 AM »
Hello Steve.
Thanks for the respond.
Plugin is works with 4962 version and doesnt with 5000 and 5023.
Today will try with latest 5028.

Offline dibor

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 01:50:27 PM »
Hello.
Version 5028 works also wrong.
I do not know where a problem, if a problem with PoKeys plugin I will open case, but I do not sure.
Mach4 support is closed 2 cases without any notifications and I do not know what to do :(
For now I back to 4964 version were motion controller works good enough.
Here link for the video that shows as inc. jogging works wrong: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auurs2F0cQKFgftIbhODFwd7W3c81w?e=rsDkOQ

Best Wishes.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 04:21:05 PM »
Mach 4 support will not make the Pokeys plugin work.  So they will close the case pretty much instantly.  They test with Sim and the Galil plugin.  Both of which we wrote and if Mach is running with them, they are going to assume that there is a problem with the motion plugin you are using.  But Pokeys will get it corrected.  They are good guys. 

Steve

Offline dibor

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 04:35:50 PM »
Hi Steve.
Thank U again.
If Mach4 support sure that problem is in the PoLabs plugin - very simple to write to me something like that "This is not Mach4 application problem, please contact to plugin creator".
I will to know why case was closed.
Anyway, I will send mail to the PoLabs support.

Best Wishes.

GOOMBA

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 08:36:34 AM »
@dibor
"Mach4 support is closed 2 cases without any notifications and I do not know what to do :("

I closed both of your tickets after explaining how to fix the issue.
Your ticket described you were having an issue reversing one of your motors.
This was your email:

"Control settings is for all motion devices, so I have Pokeys578 controller and I do not see any option to change DIRECTION in the plugin configuration.
Because that I have change motor direction in the control configuration."

I replied to this telling you to inverse the active state of the direction pin associated with the motor you want to reverse.
Specifically....
"Hello,

You need to inverse the active state of the direction pin. "

Then I elaborated a few emails later with screenshots.

"Hello Dimitry,
Attached is an image.
This is where you change the ACTIVE state of your pins for POKEYS.
So if pin 1 was the direction pin for motor 1.... click the checkmark box and it will INVERT THE ACTIVE STATE. "

This is one way to reverse a motor using PoKeys.
The checkmark box to reverse is dependent on the motion controller.
ESS ignores it... PoKeys shouldn't but does currently due to a bug.
Either way, inversing the active state should work just fine.

I've attached the images here as well, hopefully it helps someone and please let me know if you require further explanation.

Offline dibor

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 10:11:36 AM »
Hello to the group!

@GOOMBA
Calm down, U are very aggressive.
Please check what I sad, I do NOT talk here about wrong motor direction, we talk here about other problem!
If U want to know about 2 closed cases, please check ref. numbers of the cases OENO-0973-PWAG and QUUG-3451-EHIX

And last, if U are post to the public ticket about motor direction issue, here is PoLabs answer:
"We were in contact with Mach4 team and the response you received from their support is not completely true - 'Reverse' option in the motor settings is one of the correct ways for Mach4 and the suggested approach when using PoKeys devices."

Please, if U can to help to resolve problem 5000 version and PoKey plugin - U are welcome.
Please do not mix two different problems into one.

Best Wishes.