Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 10:34:55 PM

Author Topic: emergency mode active wont reset  (Read 2080 times)

emergency mode active wont reset
« on: April 14, 2022, 01:35:18 PM »
Hi  I am new to the forum and this being my first post.
I have a new 5 axis 6040 cnc milling machine from china cnc. 
They sent me the mach 3 file via email.
I installed it and did the ports and pins according to the manual they also sent.
I have the hand wheel WHB04B-6 installed and appears to be working. 
The problem I am having is that the the reset button is red and it says press reset Emergency mode active.
The laptop is not connected to the machine.  It uses a usb cable. 
I checked the pins and ports and changed them to all suggestions online.
Does it have to be connected to the machine or can it be standalone set up?
What am I missing or done incorrect?
Thanks for your help.
Garnet
Re: emergency mode active wont reset
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 01:32:49 PM »
"They sent me the mach 3 file via email.
I installed it and did the ports and pins according to the manual they also sent."
- did they also provide a license?

"The laptop is not connected to the machine.  It uses a usb cable.
I checked the pins and ports and changed them to all suggestions online."
- if you already set them according to the manual why did you change them, and where did these suggestions come from?

U suspect that your problem may be that having set up ports and pins, it is thinking that EStop should be connected to something but it isn't and this is overriding the on-screen button.  Usually you should have a physical Estop button on the machine.  So if you connect to the machine it may work; or you can look for the Estop line in Ports&Pins/Input Signals and change the green tick in the enabled column to a cross.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 02:17:47 PM »
Hi  I finally had time to connect the laptop to the machine and it now works.   All the axis travels work now trying to test the spindle.  Cant get it to turn on yet.  More reading . 
Thanks for your helGarnet
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 04:40:59 PM »
You're getting there!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 06:32:26 PM »
Hi  yes it is all working except the spindle.  I cant turn it on with the hand wheel or with the controls on the side of the machine.  I also cant turn it on from the main screen on mach3.
    I followed the limited instructions that they sent me to do the ports and pins. 
They say to do the following
Spindle ..enabled check, step and dir pin at 0, dir low x, step low check.
In the port setting they dont say if port one should be checked or not. 
It is obvious I am doing something wrong.
Your help is appreciated... its a leaning curve... I dont know why my cnc router and laser seem easier than this thing.
Thanks
Garnet
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 05:03:26 AM »
Have you tried going into the Spindle Setup tab in Ports & Pins and checking the "Use Spindle Motor Output" box in the Motor Control panel?

What type of machine do you have and what type of motor is on the spindle drive?  Are you supposed to be able to control the motor speed from Mach 3?  If so you may also need to set up the PWM parameters.  Do you have a copy of the Mach 3 manual??  If not then download one from the Newfangled Solutions website.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
Hi John.  the machine I have is the 6040 5 axis mill from chine cnc router .com 
I did the spindle set up in ports and pins and checked the box for use spindle motor output.
Not sure what motor or vfd.  I have attached pictures .
I did down load the mach3 manual and followed it with the setting as best as I could.
Not sure if the spindle can be controlled by mach3,, it appears that it can be from the hand wheel.
The control panel on the side of the machine only flashes numbers and I cant seem to find the exact manual for that controller.  Others look similar but not sure if the setting are going to be the same.
I have emailed the seller off ebay and the company for the manuals and more information.  Hope they reply.  It has been a challenge dealing with them. 
Thanks for your help.
Garnet
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 12:08:35 PM »
I cant seem to add the pictures.. it keeps saying to rename it as that file is already uploaded.  I did rename the pictures and same thing.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 12:26:48 PM »
This one?

https://www.chinacnczone.com/en/new-desktop-mini-5-axis-cnc-milling-machine-hy-6040-from-chinacnczone-factory-manufacturer_l292_p213.html

If so it appears to have a high-speed induction motor spindle that will be driven by a variable frequency drive (VFD).
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 02:10:10 PM »
That’s the one.  The vfd controller is on the side.  I can’t find a manual of settings for it.  I hope the company will find one.