Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:09:04 PM

Author Topic: Problem with Pokeys 57U  (Read 1412 times)

Problem with Pokeys 57U
« on: March 30, 2022, 03:54:52 PM »
Hello

I am trying to migrate from using parallel port to USB.
I have Pokeys57U that is currently wired to a single DM542 drive, just to test the system. Managed to get it working but there is a single issue.
When clicking reset in Mach3, I use keyboard to start jogging and release the key after 1 second. When releasing key, drive locks immediately making a clang sound.
When jogging longer or jogging second time it stops by slowing down normally. When double-clicking reset, drive locking happens again.
What could be the problem?

Thanks for any help!
Re: Problem with Pokeys 57U
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 05:22:56 AM »
Hi!

How did you connect the DM542 drive to your PoKeys controller? Which pins do you use? Is the device firmware up to date? (I have seen a change from before.)
Re: Problem with Pokeys 57U
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 09:52:45 PM »
Hello

I am trying to migrate from using parallel port to USB.
I have Pokeys57U that is currently wired to a single DM542 drive, just to test the system. Managed to get it working but there is a single issue.
When clicking reset in Mach3, I use keyboard to start jogging and release the key after 1 second. When releasing key, drive locks immediately making a clang sound.
When jogging longer or jogging second time it stops by slowing down normally. When double-clicking reset, drive locking happens again.
What could be the problem?

Thanks for any help!
I think this is a problem caused by a system software error.