Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:03:34 PM

Author Topic: stepperunitcalculatorbasics  (Read 656 times)

stepperunitcalculatorbasics
« on: January 18, 2022, 05:55:44 PM »
I am having issues with this wizard function not working right now. I select the distance and speed and axis and when I hit the move button it doesn't move or seem to do anything. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a known glitch with that particular wizard?
Re: stepperunitcalculatorbasics
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 09:39:32 PM »
I am having issues with this wizard function not working right now. I select the distance and speed and axis and when I hit the move button it doesn't move or seem to do anything. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a known glitch with that particular wizard?

If you have problems work with the wizard just don't use it and do it manual.
With that formula you can find what you want.

Current steps Per Unit / Distance actually traveled * Distance should travel = New Steps Per Unit
Re: stepperunitcalculatorbasics
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:40:03 PM »
The machine needs to be enabled before trying to move it using the wizard. I know that is obvious but it's happened to me before and I was scratching my head for a while. lol

I created an updated steps per unit calculator a little while back that might make it easier.

The latest version download is in the 5th post down.
https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=43830.msg281953#msg281953

Just put the stepsCalc.mcs file in the Mach4 Wizards directory.

To use:
     - select the axis radio button; the current steps/unit auto fills in text box below radio buttons.
     - fill in the distance you want it to move in 'move distance'
     - fill in velocity in 'move velocity'
     - press incremental move and wait for machine move to complete
     - after the move, measure actual distance machine moved and fill in the 'actual distance' box
     - hit calculate
     - press set counts to set the new calculated counts/unit in the Mach4 control settings.

The wizard should update the settings for any child motors for the axis as well.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 09:46:48 PM by compewter_numerical »