Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:19:58 PM

Author Topic: Manual pulse encoder & mach3  (Read 8442 times)

Re: Manual pulse encoder & mach3
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2022, 12:54:11 PM »
Have you tried moving the MPG outputs to different inputs? You could exchange the two MPGs. If the problem remains the same, that is X moving incorrectly, then the problem is in the BoB or the setup.

Okay swapped the inputs of MPG1 and 2

Left mpg2 disconnected and now mpg1 does the same back forth movement.

So not the MPG as the one that was working does the same thing. So it's either in the program or in the bob. Or in my wiring.

I'm betting on my wiring... human error is always the likely chance. But if you have ideas on where to look in the program send them on over haha! I will check my cable connectors on the mpg housing right now.

Offline MN300

•  298 298
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »
Testing so far has shown the drives are OK and both MPGs work.
Measuring voltages at the BoB will show if the wiring is OK and the signals are reaching the inputs.
It could be a bad BoB input. Can you can the setup to use other inputs?

Offline MN300

•  298 298
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2022, 01:12:36 PM »
Oops, meant to say can you change the setup.
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2022, 01:14:00 PM »
Testing so far has shown the drives are OK and both MPGs work.
Measuring voltages at the BoB will show if the wiring is OK and the signals are reaching the inputs.
It could be a bad BoB input. Can you can the setup to use other inputs?

I tried that before I tested the MPG. I switched the not working one from 2/3 input to 6/7 input and got the same problem.

Offline MN300

•  298 298
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2022, 01:34:15 PM »
Is this true?
Both motors have been turned in both directions.
Both MPGs have turned a motor in both directions.

If Graig's information about the MPGs is correct the high output voltage should be the zener voltage.   2.9V doesn't seem right.
If the pullup resistors are working correctly an input with nothing connected should measure 5V. Check the ones you are using.
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2022, 01:39:28 PM »
Got it working haha!

Lets just say my soldering abilities are not as good as my horse riding abilities. Hahaha.

I took the aviation connector apart and just direct wired the mpgs, everything is working smoothly now 👌.

Again, thanks for the fantastic help both of you.

Guess while I'm here, I can't seem to find the settings to set the increment selection for jog (0.1, 0.01, 0.001) to a dial switch???

Everything I read online just reverts to pokeys.

Where in mach3 do I set up the inputs to be able to go from 0.1 to 0.01 to 0.001 on a rotary switch next to my MPGs?

Cheers

Kyle