Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:18:08 PM

Author Topic: ShuttlePro2 doesn't work after installation.  (Read 4654 times)

ShuttlePro2 doesn't work after installation.
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »
Any help appreciated.

Couldn't find this in a search here.  I installed a ShuttlePro2 in Mach3 for my CNC Bridgeport clone.  The hardware manager says it is working, but none of the programmed buttons (ie jog on/off) are transmitted to the screen or have any effect.  It has been configured in the plugin config. None of the buttons have any effect on the screen or to the mill. 

The same SP2 seems to work fine on my other computers, (not hooked up to a mill).  These are the latest versions of Mach2 and the SP2 plugin. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Harvey Price  :(

Re: ShuttlePro2 doesn't work after installation.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:17:56 PM »
I am having similar problems. I bought a shuttle last night, installed the plugin but it doesn't work and there is no way to tell if Mach is actually seeing it or not. I updated to the latest Mach lockdown and used the current plugin...

I initially tried it without installing the shuttle driver, then installed the driver, then later uninstalled it. I only configured a few buttons (set x,y,z,a, ++ ---) but I couldn't find anything that gives an example setup so I can't be sure that I have configured it properly.

I searched the Yahoo group, cnc zone and here to no avail. I imagine I will figure out what is wrong eventually...

Offline drew

•  79 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 09:51:34 AM »
Mine worked fine. I installed the plugin, found the confige page, set some buttons and it worked.
Installing the Win driver is defently not needed.  You may want to make sure set one button for shuttel lock\unlock.
Drew
If I had something important to say it would be here.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 09:59:46 AM »
Well I tried plugging it in to a different USB port last night (which really shouldn't matter but we are dealing with windows...) and it worked! Pretty cool tool. Only issue I am seeing is I am losing steps when I advance slowly using the outer wheel. It is fine with Axis ++ and Axis -- though.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »

I uninstalled the plug in.  Then I reinstalled and configured it and it works great.  And I tried it all my other usb ports and it works in all of them.  A brain glitch or a computer glitch???

Harvey   :-[   ;D