Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:15:42 AM

Author Topic: 3D Probing plugin help  (Read 5039 times)

3D Probing plugin help
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:50:15 AM »
Hi all
I tried this plugin and probe object function has worked ok, but finding center of  hole usually stops when probe hits the edge of hole. It is not always first hit, but i have only 50% chance to finish complete "hole scan". When i try other function with three points, i  make  touch in all 3 points, each is confirmed by point recorded statement in mach, but when  i try center or rotate 3points function, mach asks for points recording again. I do that again, but all repeats. 

Thanks for any help

aluman     
Re: 3D Probing plugin help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:50:49 AM »
I have solved the problem with finding of hole center. When i increased speed of my TP 100 probe, it started to work ok.

But i still do not know the right procedure for 3points functions.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
I want to make  sockets  for (~40 x 40 mm) electrical plug-shells by measuring the plugs with a TP-100 probe and producing a cross-section profile of the plug. The cross section will be the shape to pocket out (i.e. mill out in aluminium ).

I have used the 3d plugin with the grid scan feature  and generated a point cloud .txt file.
The table/tooldisplay only shows the occasional yellow dot and a faint grid of all the sample points.
Q: What should it display ?

I need to get from the point cloud to LazyCam to be able to pocket
I have downloaded a trial version of Rhinocad but can't get sense out of the PointCloudSection command.
(seem to lose the scale of the measurement ; although I can see the whole point cloud).
I want to get to a .dxf file of a section at a particular z-height.
Hopefully I can get the .dxf into LazCam and do the deed !
Q: Anybody successfully travelled this route?......got an example I can see please ?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:13:02 AM by lionelb »

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:45:56 PM »
Lionelb I have an interior G31 probing array that should do what you are looking to do. It will probe the inside of a void in a single Zplane slice and gather all the points. You can then load up the points in a CAD program and play connect the dots . This should give you a drawing that can be processed by LCAM to create a cut file of the shape.

In certain extreme shapes with hidden areas it may miss a few points but if I understand your shape it should work.

Can you post a picture of the shape to be probed?

It will also allow you to calibrate the array to best fit your shape to be probed.

(;-) TP