Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 09:46:15 AM

Author Topic: Probe calibration error  (Read 2613 times)

Offline nc42

•  20 20
    • View Profile
Re: Probe calibration error
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »
Code: [Select]

rc = mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, string.format("G%.1f Z%.4f F%.1f", ProbeCode, ZMeasPos, FastFeed))
mm.ReturnCode(rc)
rc = Probing.CheckProbe(1, ProbeCode); if not rc then; do return end; end

if you replace the two instances of the above code in the mcProbing.lua with :

Code: [Select]
rc = mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, string.format("G0 Z%.4f F%.1f", ZMeasPos, SlowFeed))
mm.ReturnCode(rc)

it seems to solve the issue. Double check before full use as I'm no lua expert but it seemed to work for me
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 11:50:10 PM »
I think I found a better solution in the Warp9 documentation. Hopefully it helps somebody because it certainly stumped me for the better part of a weekend.

Warp9 Documentation:
Probing in Mach4
http://documentation.warp9td.com/Shared/Mach4/Probing/Probing.htm#:~:text=ESS%20%3E%20Software%20Mach4%20%3E%20Probing%20in%20Mach4%20

About half-way down the document under "The Probing Config Tab" header is the solution that worked for me.

Here's the gist of it.

In the ESS configuration window under the "Probing" tab you just uncheck "Probe Failure Disables Mach". Then run the calibration sequences and be sure to turn "Probe Failure Disables Mach" back on when you're done.

I don't know if it's a particularly safe solution, but it worked.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 12:00:39 PM »
I think I found a better solution in the Warp9 documentation...
I don't know if it's a particularly safe solution, but it worked.

I am pulling my hair out over this for the past couple of days. Never occured to me to take a peek at the Warp9 stuff.

In fact I was going to search again and post some questions. Thank you for saving me the effort!

I am crawling to the shop later today and I will run through this documentation and see if that fixes my problems.

Thanks, HeyNoSeriously
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 04:14:39 PM »
From the link posted...

Why don't I change how the ESS operates? If I did, I would be changing the operating behavior for tens of thousands of other customers, and they would be very surprised by this change in probing behavior.  Besides, if probing fails in GCode, Mach4 and the GCode should stop.

Ugh! Really?

I need a more modern and standards based controller. I just don't buy the whole "stability" argument anymore.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 06:25:06 PM »
WARNING!

If you have an AvidCNC machine and they built your control box, disabling this feature WILL CAUSE YOUR MACHINE TO CRASH!

I do not understand why. My machine is "typical" as per AvidCNC specification. The homing sequence after this is disabled will go until it hits the limit and does not perform the back-off which means your machine is now "somewhere near home" but not homed. If you have an ATC you will be running into your posts or smashing your carousel.

I am going to ping AvidCNC about this. Wow! Talk about a mess.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »
HeyNoSeriously, nice to meet you.
Thank you for your feedback.

I am aware that this is a problem with ESS.
At that time, regarding this problem, on the Warp9 forum, I was told that there were two solutions.

I tried your method, but it didn't work for me.
That's too bad.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2022, 07:05:46 PM »
HeyNoSeriously, nice to meet you.
Thank you for your feedback.

I am aware that this is a problem with ESS.
At that time, regarding this problem, on the Warp9 forum, I was told that there were two solutions.

I tried your method, but it didn't work for me.
That's too bad.

Yep, seriously causes me troubles too. If you have an ESS you cannot use the Mach4 probe routines.

Thus you cannot use the stock probing, stock angle, surface mapping or any of those advanced features you paid all that money for. All for the low, low price of that sad little ESS with the slow clock, bare minimum I/O and limited channels.
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 07:21:53 PM »
I think there are two solutions to this problem.
So far I think my Mach4 is working fine.
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 07:34:47 PM »
I think there are two solutions to this problem.
So far I think my Mach4 is working fine.

Ok, do I have to pay or something to get these two solutions of yours?  ;)
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »
The solution is free.
1. Remove the check.
2. Look at the bottom of the next page.
http://documentation.warp9td.com/Shared/Mach4/Probing/Probing.htm#:~:text=ESS%20%3E%20Software%20Mach4%20%3E%20Probing%20in%20Mach4%20
"This method modifies the program."
"I stopped because the program was long."
I think it's easier and better to remove the check if you don't make a mistake in using probing.