Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:07:15 AM

Author Topic: Rtx64  (Read 2326 times)

Re: Rtx64
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 03:17:46 AM »
Hi,

You mean Delta already had been test ,and can buy and use

Yes, Delta make srvos and drives which are Ethercat compliant. Look for a '-E' appending the drive
model.

About i,o do i must use Ethercat also?
Or i can continue use pokeys as i/o?

No, you must use Ethercat compliant IO modules. There is no place to hook a PoKeys in an Ethercat setup. You don't need or even
want a PoKeys in an Ethercat setup.

As Steve has pointed out there is a Ethernet cable plugged into you PC which connects to the first slave, be it a servo or IO module, and
another Ethernet cable to the next Ethercat slave in a daisy chain until the last Ethercat slave in the queue is connected back to the PC
with yet another Ethernet cable. All of the slave devices (servos, IO modules or your own home brew Ethercat slave) are in a ethernet ring.
No room for a PoKeys device in such a ring!

There is a great deal of information about Ethercat out there....you need to read it. Ethercat is great, and in certain industrial situations
has many advantages......but could be a costly excerise if you don't do your homework.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 02:45:24 AM »
craig as always thanks alot(i think after so many talking we must arrange some meeting)
i want use chines brand  ,its call VEICH they said they have exactly same options as yaskawa
now i have there pdf if you want i can send you
also intervalZearo contact me they said they able to try this servo
i don't know now nothing about princess(you know at the end its also price important)
did you also use that ?
do you know something about the prices?
one thing i forget ask ,is this plugin its also for hobby or only industrial
thnks
yaakov

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 05:04:52 AM »
Hi,
if you think that going the Ethercat route is cheap....then I think you are in for a rude awakening. If you think you can buy cheap
Chinese stuff and get it to work I think you are going to waste some serious money.

The whole point of Ethercat is a QUALITY CNC solution....and you don't achieve a QUALITY result by using cheap junky servos and IO modules.
You'd be better off sticking to PoKeys and Leasdshine.

one thing i forget ask ,is this plugin its also for hobby or only industrial

I'm not 100% sure but I think either.

Ethercat is a realtime bus communication protocol....it does not have any 'affinity' with any given software. Kingstar is the provider of the
Ethercat/Mach4 plugin. The question is best posed to them.

My understanding is that you buy a Kingstar license and that includes the Interval Zero runtime license. Smurph has previously recommended
that it be installed on a capable PC, probably an i5 or i7 with generous RAM etc.

Ethercat can have up to 100 slave devices. This makes it very attractive in manufacturing situations where you may have several machines
with conveyors and/or robots between each. All the wiring and cabling reduces to a pair of ethernet cables between slave devices.
There was a time when it was not legally permissable to run safety data (things like Estops, door interlocks etc) over an Ethercat bus, or
in fact any bus. Thus all that safety cabling had to be run manually which rather detracted from the lean and elegant Ethercat cabling scenario.
My understanding is that Ethercat has matured to the point that government safety regulators permit safety data be transmitted over
Ethercat. There are Ethercat slave devices which are designed and approved for use as safety devices....you'll recognise them by virtue of costing
five times as much!

Ethercat was always intended to be used in industrial situations where the bus communication and distributed motion control strategy represents
a distinct advantage which overcomes the cost premium. For a standalone machine of two/three/four/five axes and spindle only the Ethercat
is an costly solution compared to a centralised motion control board like a PoKeys ad standard servos.

You really need to do some serious research and establish a business case for Ethercat......its going to cost more than usual.....how much more
is the question.

Craig
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 06:52:24 AM »
steve
if we use kingstar plagin ,is it also control the I/O like the pokeys plugin ,or need other way?
do i limit to specific I/O device  ,or any EtherCat I/O device can use?
what about the inverter  ,if i want also use by modbus ,is can it work also ? or all must use the Ethercat?
thanks

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 02:07:35 PM »
You can use the KINGSTAR plugin on one Ethernet card.  That will be your EtherCAT network.  All EtherCAT devices will be driven from this card.  Then you can have a second Ethernet card to run other Ethernet devices like a PoKeys or a Galil RIO, etc...  This can be used to provide I/O for panel switches/buttons and other no-realtime inputs or outputs (panel LED indicators, etc..)

The important thing to note is that you cannot then wire a probe to the Pokeys and expect the KINGSTAR plugin to see the probe signals.  The same goes for any real-time switch like a limit or a home.  Most EtherCAT servo modules have some general purpose I/O on them that could be used for things like a probe/limit/home.  But you would need to look VERY carefully at your proposed device list to make sure.  Otherwise, you would need to buy some sort of EtherCAT I/O device. 

Steve
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 04:19:11 AM »
Hi,
all decent Ethercat servo drives have at least three digital inputs, two for pos and neg limits and one for home.

An Ethercat servo is responsible for it own slice of motion control and must therefore be at least able to handle its own limits
and home switch.

If you need realtime inputs beyond what is provided in each of the servo drives then you have to use an Ethercat IO module.
This is an example of Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beckhoff-EK1120-EtherCAT-Bus-Coupler-Module-New-Out-of-Box/274107416790?hash=item3fd21340d6:g:9fsAAOSwrAxd1qQ~

It's new and for $129 not to bad a price, and note it is Beckhoff.

Craig