Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 11:04:30 AM

Author Topic: Rtx64  (Read 2396 times)

Rtx64
« on: April 07, 2021, 12:09:32 PM »
is that option to combain mach4 with rtx64 ?
there are some very big europe brands in woodworking cnc that work with windows as real time system(it was also with windows xp )
some use RTX some use othere type
if can combain it with mach4 i think its can be big upgrade
thks

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Rtx64
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:57:43 PM »
Yes, Mach 4 works with RTX64.  There is a Mach 4 plugin that runs KingStar EthernCAT Master on top of RTX64 .  RTX64 and KingStar are both IntervalZero products.

Steve
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:14:48 AM »
Is that need any break out board ? Or its directly from pc conect?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 12:33:19 AM »
EtherCAT is purely an Ethernet Topology.  Each EtherCAT device (servo module or I/O module) will have two Ethernet ports, one in and one out.  Each module will have discrete terminals with which to wire.  So basically, with the RTX64/KINGSTAR product, you just run an Ethernet cable from your PC to your first module and daisy chain your modules from there.

Steve
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 12:35:05 AM by smurph »
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 12:38:56 AM »
So in this case need to buy only the intervalZearo product? And use any other board for the i/o ?
Can you please tell me which exactly item i need buy from interval zearo ,and after that is there any documents how conect and control the driver?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 01:03:39 AM »
All IntervalZero sells is the RTX64/EtherCAT master.  That gets installed on your PC.  For everything else, you will need to buy extra.  And it will need to be EtherCAT compatible.  As in, you will need to buy servo or stepper drives and any and all I/O modules.  There are literally 100s from which to choose. 

But again, you can't just use any I/O board that would hook to Ethernet.  It HAS to be EtherCAT. 

You would be wise to do a lot of research on EtherCAT before you jump headlong into it.  Mainly because it can get expensive!  It is the newest of the industrial technologies and thus comes with a higher price.  But the prices are getting better and better.  There may be some economical packages out there now.  I just don't know.  But doing your research will help you find the best value.

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 01:07:22 AM »
Ahh...  here we go.  https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/mach4-ethercat-system  Those are packages.  One of probably many out there. 

Steve
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:04:05 AM by smurph »
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 01:55:53 AM »
I use leadshine 850/1000w until now with standard conection,i buy it directly from china,i asked them about Ethercat , because i want also use there absolute encoder ,and price not much different
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 02:58:32 AM »
Hi,
you need to be  a bit wary of Ethercat. The Ethercat specification and properties are public documents and manufacturers and
users alike are encouraged to adopt it. There are in effect no license fees, it is built into the cost of the half dozen or so
Ethercat slave ICs. You buy the IC....and make a new Ethercat gizmo with it and you're golden.

Various manufacturers have implemented Ethercat in slightly different ways.....and while that is not supposed to happen; it does.
Yaskawa have been in the business of Ethercat servos for years, and they along with Beckhoff are the accepted industry standard
types for servos and IO modules respectively.

You need to select suppliers of Ethercat slaves with care, some may not operate as you hoped.

There is an organisation, I forget its name, but as a commercial service it offers to test out any Ethercat device for compliance to the
published standard. The cost of doing so is not cheap, but not prohibitive either, maybe 10k. As a consequence all the good manufacturers
of Ethercat slave devices have had their devices certified by this organisation and can market their devices as 'compliant'. You should look for that
compliance.

As a side note ProfiBus and  closely related ProfiNet which are broadly speaking similar to Ethercat but will prohibit you from selling any device
without being strictly compliant......and guess who does that compliance testing....they do. Their preferred method of getting the fees is to have you pull
your trousers down and bend over while they extract the funds with cruel instruments! The cost of ProfiBus and ProfiNet products tends to be
much higher than Ethercat.

I use Delta servos, Taiwanese brand made in China, good quality, performance, backup and tuning software at a reasonable price.
Their Ethercat model servo drives are compliant with the standard.

I've seen secondhand Beckhoff IO modules on Ebay at very reasonable costs....so to my way of thinking there really is no need to buy cheaper
or lesser brands when you can have the real thing.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 03:04:22 AM »
You mean Delta already had been test ,and can buy and use
About i,o do i must use Ethercat also?
Or i can continue use pokeys as i/o?