Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:06:52 AM

Author Topic: Help needed to engrave emblem...  (Read 2268 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed to engrave emblem...
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »
IF you post a good, clean, large, sharp picture of the image AND lets us know the final size of the engraving needed I am SURE someone will help you out.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 10:32:31 PM »
Well I got F-engrave loaded to my PC but it's not working quite properly.  Would somebody help me with unzipping files etc. so it will pork properly?  There are no type fonts and it won't generate G-code.    Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2021, 01:23:39 AM »
Hi Mariah,

I fully understand that getting to understand any new software is initally not that easy but hopefully it will all make sense in the end - it's just a matter of determination (and perhaps a bit of luck).

Google, download and install  '7-Zip'  this software will enable you to unzip files correctly.

Extract from F-Engrave instructions…

‘I provide a zip file containing windows executable files for F-Engrave, ttf2cxf_stream and Potrace (the file is F-Engrave-X.XX_win.zip. X.XX is the version number). The zip file also contains some fonts to get you started. Unzip the file and double click on the f-engrave.exe file and you are off and running.

If the windows executable (f-engrave.exe) does not work right away install the “Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)”. The program I use to create the Windows executables (py2exe) has a dependency to this package’

-----------------------------------------------------------------

‘After F-Engrave is running you need to tell F-Engrave where your font files are. To do this set the directory in the Settings-General Settings menu and save a g-code file to config.ngc in your home directory. F-Engrave will read the config.ngc file every time you start F-Engrave and any settings that you had input prior to saving will be recalled. (alternately you can save the file to ~/.fengraverc either file will work the same)’

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 12:10:24 PM »
These computer terms are all beyond me, please explain in simple beginners terms.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 04:41:28 PM »
Anybody around Butler Co., PA who will come to my house and help me get this straightened out?  Will pay to have this put in working order!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 12:50:28 AM »
Big thank you to everyone who helped me through this project.  I finally got-er-done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!