Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:49:12 PM

Author Topic: Milling machine wirth servos  (Read 42719 times)

Re: Milling machine wirth servos
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2007, 10:37:05 AM »
Chip
Did you get the picture's i sent via e-mail?

Dennis
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2007, 11:05:36 AM »
Hi Guy's
 Help me to understand this one a company offers drives that they advertise @ 100 VDC and 20 Amps but then say not to run them at the advertised rating ( HUH ) how's this work.

Dennis

vmax549

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »
Dennis that is an OLD advertizing gimic. THe device may be able to run @100V and looks good up frontĀ  BUT it may go up in smoke at 102V (;-). Todays MANF's seem to spent more time figuring out a way to "trick" you into buying their product than they do actually engineering it to actually work.

At least they have warned you not to believe their HYPE.

(;-) TP
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »
TP
I have talked with Gecko and they rate there drives at 80 VDC but they can handle a Max of 95 so to me if a manufacture advertise that there drives are 100 VDC then they should be able to handle more then that or advertise that's the MAX not the operating Voltage.

Dennis

vmax549

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »
I agree,(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2007, 01:02:41 PM »
Dennis do you just have one drive bad and in need of repair??

(;-) TP
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2007, 01:58:01 PM »
TP
No what i have is the original drives in the machine they are analog SD drives really massive drives and they maybe in good order don't know for sure they are servo drives in going through the machine i found that one of the power supplies is bad giving a high Voltage on the - side to the drives the drives did have a fault indicator on for voltage but in calling Servo dynamics they said that the drives if need be could be repaired but the cost to repair them would exceed the price of a new drive so mythought then is just get new drives to start with my problem is finding a drive that i can afford for this project the ones i have found so they are rated high enough for my power supply and motor's but when contacted say don't run these drives for my machine as they won't handle the motor's.

Dennis

vmax549

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2007, 03:11:11 PM »
If I were i your shoes I would strip out the guts and rewire up the drives and SEE what worked. If you only have one bad drive We may be able to find someone to repair it at a resonable price. OR find a good used replacement.

That is of course if you are going to convert it over to mach. If you are sticking with the original controller then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2008, 01:42:01 AM »
Dennis

I have sd 1525s on my machine and will be using p100s, I consulted with a cnc repair men familiar with sd 1525s and a electronics engineer
and when I get home Tuesday I'll post the information here about pins, pots on the sd1525 and which go to +,- &, ground between sd & p100s.
I'd post it right know but I don't want to steer you wrong but thought you'd like to know it's coming

Ben
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
Hi Ben
 Since starting out on this project and finding out that the pixes have been discontinued i installed a set of Gecko servo drives they are up and running now on the machine i still have some other thing's to finish up it now has it's own computer in the electronics bay and a new monitor key board ETC but thanks for the help.

Dennis