Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:01:06 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 GUI not displaying properly  (Read 755 times)

Mach4 GUI not displaying properly
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:32:52 PM »
Hi, I’m migrating from a Duet-based setup to either Mach3 or Mach4. In order to evaluate, I have loaded and configured Mach3 Demo successfully on my Windows 8.1 Pro laptop and got my OpenBuilds CNC working with it very well. So far so good.....

However, when I tried to repeat the process with Mach4 Demo (Mach4Hobby_Installer-4.2.0.4517) on my Windows 8 laptop the GUI looks awful. The buttons do have any gradient, the fonts are odd and text fails properly to wrap within the button areas.

I also loaded it onto another Windows 10 machine and got same display (virtual machine on a very modern iMac running under Parallels). I attach screenshots below (possibly....Forum doesn't seem to allow load of .jpgs....despite attaching them....).

Both setups were preceded by the SCU routine.

I selected the ‘wxrouter.set’ for my profile. But on switching to other ’sets’ the problem persists.

On the W8 machine I have tried every reasonable variation of screen resolution and % of ‘enlargement’ - no difference.

Does anyone cleverer than me know why it doesn't display properly.

I stress that all other Windows stuff displays perfectly on both machines (inc Mach3).

Any help gratefully received.

Simon
Re: Mach4 GUI not displaying properly
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 02:44:13 AM »
Thats just how the latest Mach4 version looks. I personally dont mind the simple style, colors could have been better but then again its not overly difficult to adjust them.

GOOMBA

Re: Mach4 GUI not displaying properly
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 09:32:05 AM »
BigglesCNC,
That's not how the GUI is supposed to look. Most of it is, however some of the button borders and other elements are slightly different like text.
We have one person here at NFS that has Windows 8.1 and his PC does this also. It's clearly not ideal however I'll see if one of the devs can explain why it happens as I'm unsure. Sorry this is an issue however Windows 8.1 is like Vista to my generation ;)

Lenne0815,
I made the new screens a year ago or so and I personally like the colors however this isn't the first feedback I've heard about the color scheme :( Guess a change is in order!