Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:08:51 PM

Author Topic: 4612 Build  (Read 13980 times)

Re: 4612 Build
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »
272 is the latest compiled against 2612
I checked which was the recommended ESS version a couple of days ago, and it stated V270, the other one was still under test.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 09:41:54 AM »
Here's hoping old profiles aren't the cause! If not, I don't know.......hope there's a nice way to get all the stuff out of an old profile in order to hand enter it all into a new profile. And don't tell me I should have documented it all along the way, I KNOW that, but didn't do it. Remember the old Mach Profile for Mach3 by Klaus? That spoiled me but I don't have THAT to extract an old profile. Unless, of course, there IS a way to get everything out of a profile?

Tom

You can definitely  access a text copy of the lua script (I think it's called that). If you can get a copy of the old and new scripts, you can use Examdiff to show you all of the differences.

I'm pretty sure that all of the core behaviour, such as Single Stepping, will be hard coded in the executable. I stand to be corrected, but you don't want fundamental behaviour compromised by things user do to personalise Mach 4, else chaos can ensue.

If these things are scripted, how are you supposed to upgrade? The whole point of being able to personalise something is that you keep it that way. These things should be able to be carried over when you upgrade.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 07:28:06 AM »
Only just had time to check this function out on my machine, after updating the other week.

The Single Block works as expected, without any problems. BUT I am using the Default WX4 screen set, albeit with added MPG and Drive Fault Alarm scripts.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:33 AM »
I boldly upgraded to Mach4 4612 from 4336, ESS plugin 272 from 250. Everything seems to work, including single block.
--
Tom
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
Hey guys,
I've been out for a week or so so I hadn't been keeping up with the thread but I'm trying to catch up now.
4612 single block works for me as expected. We do our best to make sure profiles transfer perfectly but some changes in how the .ini file is built, as well as some other minor changes over iterations of MACH4 makes it hard to guarantee perfection. However this seems to work fine for me.
I transfer profiles from build to build constantly and don't run into issues often.
If you have a specific issue you'd like addressed (concerning the 4612 build) just write it here so it's known and then we can continue to address it via the support site.
support@machsupport.com is where you should be going to address the specifics.
If you're still are having issues please reply to this and I'll do my best to keep up with the reports.
As always, thank you all for your feedback it's helps more than you know :)

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 08:31:11 AM »
Just a reminder that there is still a bug in the Configuration that defaults back to Imperial measurements when you exit. This is dangerous since things like single stepping moves 25.4 times more than you expect!
At the moment you have to remember to exit Mach and restart every time you change anything in the config else you can get caught out and crash the machine. This really needs addresssing in my opinion.
Why does it override the setting in the Config anyway? That makes no sense.
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 03:37:09 PM »
Hello Striplar,
I don't have the same results if you're referring to the
Configure > Control > Defaults > Machine Setup Units
If I set Inch, it remains in Inch after restart, same for Metric.
My G20 or G21 on startup also changes depending on the units I have selected.
If you're not having the same results I'd suggest making a new profile from scratch, if that doesn't work send me your profile and I'll take a look.
As for settings not being retained unless a restart occurs, I advise you restart after every configuration change. This way the setting is written to the .ini file.
If you're switching from Imperial to Metric often I'd advise you make two profiles, or if you switch at all really. It's super easy to swap that setting once and then name the profile accordingly. If you want some help doing this email support@machsupport.com and someone will give you a hand.
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 07:11:42 PM »
You already have my profile that exhibits this problem. It was the same with the 3804 build.

It's not about restarting Mach, it's when you exit config and then re-enable the drives without exiting Mach.

If you change say the backlash compensation value when you're in Metric, then exit, enable the drive and step 1mm, it will step 1". It does it for other things too, but I know this definitely is wrong because I've adjusted the backlash values in the last couple of days and it happened then.

I'm only using Metric, never Imperial. That's what makes it dangerous, you don't expect it to change from Metric when you exit the config. It really shouldn't do that. There must be something in the code that defaults to Imperial somewhere on exit, or when you edit the values.
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 09:54:32 AM »
I've also noticed that Mach4 no longer instantly responds to the Stop button. It takes a full second before anything happens. This needs looking into because when you want it to stop, you want it to stop now, not some time later. Hitting the emergency stop button loses position, so I try to avoid using that unless absolutely necessary.
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2021, 09:05:48 AM »
Striplar,
I don't see your profile anywhere attached... Maybe I'm blind? Could you attach it again please :)
Also the Stop button works as expected for me in build 4612, what controller are you using?
When using the STOP button you should really treat it as an ESTOP... It's not something you should be doing all the time.
If you're looking for a feed hold button then put one on screen.