Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Author Topic: 4612 Build  (Read 14091 times)

GOOMBA

4612 Build
« on: February 17, 2021, 10:26:29 AM »
Hey guys,
Alright so MACH4 build 4612 is up as of right now. With this new build we have new screens and some changed GUI. That's the biggest part, however we've added things like the shuttle mode for the mouse MPG, and the Xbox controller plugin (thanks again Daz). So now that this is out there, I'd like this thread to be a place where issues with the build are addressed. Not motion controller plugin issues, or any other plugin related issues. Just raw profile and screen issues.
Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Let me know what you guys find :)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: 4612 Build
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:53 AM »
OK, let me be the first, even though I haven't installed it. I, and likely a lot of others, have "slightly" modified screen sets. I know I likely have 40 or 50 small adds/modifications to WX4. I never actually documented all this (I know, I know!). When I install Mach4, I copy my screen in, along with profiles/plugins/macros, etc. If something interesting is in the "new screens", somehow I have to figure out all the edits I've made and do them all over, right? Any easy way to do that? I think Brett told me one time that there was a way to compare two screen sets, but I've seemingly forgotten THAT!! Maybe with NotePad++?

Thanks!
Tom
--
Tom

GOOMBA

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 09:45:59 AM »
I think I know what you're looking for.
To compare both of the screens you can take both files and dump them on your desktop. Then change the file extension from a .set to a .zip.
Once you do this you can open the zip and see the screen XML,  edit it in notepad ++ or whatever you'd like. I know notepad ++ has a plugin you can download to compare two documents. If you just have custom buttons and screen elements you can export the control group and then import on the new screen too.
If you want some help with this just email support@machsupport.com and we'll help you along.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 01:03:29 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread TOO far, but "export the control group" sounds interesting. Exactly HOW do I "export the control group"? I have to go to the machine and think about this.

And I now DO remember there is a Notepad++ plugin for file compare. Need to fiddle with that, too, as in, what two files to actually compare:)

Thanks again,
Tom
--
Tom

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 01:14:05 PM »
First, thanks for everyone's work getting this tested and released! Looking forward to using it soon. Any chance we could get updated API docs?  :D

GOOMBA

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 03:12:30 PM »
Alright,
Tom go to Operator > Edit Screen
Then click the control group you want to export, then right click export.

Jbuehn, do you mean the API.h document with the RC codes or the regular Lua / C API?
I don't believe a ton has changed in either of these documents but I can check with the guys that compile it and get back to you.
Let me know which DOC you're referring to.

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 03:35:14 PM »
The Lua / C API.  Mach4CoreAPI that's in the Mach4Hobby/docs folder. Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 06:38:08 PM »
No time to work with it yet but the new screens look good.
Thanks for adding the diagnostics page to Lathe.

However...you still have the Xdro in lathe as read only!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 06:48:32 PM »
Mill version:  Most of the wizards come fail with: "Lua: Syntax error during pre-compilation"
"...version mismatch in pre-compiled chunk."

GOOMBA

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 09:15:10 AM »
Jbuhen, Attached is the API.h doc that you're requesting I believe. I'll ask the devs if they've made any updates , what are you looking for updates on? Pound Vars?
rhtuttle, send us a ticket at support@machsupport.com and I'll take a look at the Lua errors.
I'll note the DRO for next release and make sure it's fixed!