Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:59:01 PM

Author Topic: Custom M11/M10 code headers and footers  (Read 1655 times)

Re: Custom M11/M10 code headers and footers
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »
I'm not sure the Inkscape LaserTools extension writes code the right way for PWM. I've attached an unedited version of a test file generated by LaserTools. What do you think?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 01:16:44 AM »
That code is not absolutely right but it should work OK and that is the only important thing, although their post processor could be improved.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »
I tried some of the code from the Trispokedovetiles.tap file you recommended. I got it to work perfectly. The first run the on/off had some delay and the file did not cut right. As soon as I switched the output signal to active low my on/off timing with M11/10 worked perfectly!!!

Having a working G-code was the key to figuring out the mach3 set up! I have a couple more tweaks to try like changing base frequency and I think I will have it nailed.

The reason for the header and footer is basically just to have a piece of code to turn on/off the laser that is known to work properly.

The last piece of work is to ensure that the Sx commands are changing the laser output properly. I still feel like this is not working 100% as it should.

If I look at the amp meter on the laser box, shouldn't  it change based on the Sx input in the code?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 01:08:38 AM »
I am pleased to hear that you are making good progress.

If I look at the amp meter on the laser box, shouldn't  it change based on the Sx input in the code?

Mine does. Sounds like you need to do some more work with your PWM settings.

Tweakie.
PEACE