Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:22:16 PM

Author Topic: Well this counter has officially got me stumped....please help a poor soul...  (Read 11942 times)

The point of my post was to show how to do the basics. What you did is the next step.

I think you should take us through all the steps to create your nice display.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
There is a sub loop counter dro in mach3 I believe it is #222. But you have to add a G4P0 to the end of the sub in order for it to work correctly. Thing is it only counts UP not down. What we need is a routine to parse through the loaded Gcode and calculate the total number of loops in the code. Then one could apply the subtraction and know how many are left to do and how many have been done.

(;-) TP

Works fine for me as it is, counts down, lets me know what loop it is in. Used it for a well over a years now. It is the variable that Mach uses to keep track of the loop.
BR549: I used #222 and it counts DOWN. Check my post on page 1 that lists the code and uses #222.

Ya-Nvr-No: How about taking us through the steps of making your cool counter display.

Mike
I created the screen DRO and attached the #222 variable, I showed the machscreen and how I attached it.
Sorry I dont know what else to show you. It was easy peasy. Now whenever I use a sub it displays the counter and counts down. Kind of gets odd with nested subs but I started to understand it quickly enough. It is just showing the count of the present sub it is in. Some of my subs are 3-4 deep. So it flashes a lot of numbers as it is jumping around.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
oops yous guys are right it does count down. I was remembering off the cuff.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
The process does not have to be that complicated. Add teh Dro to the screen and add a G4P0 to the end of the sub.

(;-) TP
Ok. Point me to where I add the DRO.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Add it to the main screen anywhere you want it to be.

(;-) TP
What tool did you use to attach the DRO to the screen?