Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:56 AM

Author Topic: Need Help Connecting USB CNC Board to Mach3  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Connecting USB CNC Board to Mach3
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »
Have you purchased new stepper drivers too because the old board had them built in.

Without engineers the world stops

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 12:59:19 AM »
Hey again, It's been awhile but I just bought this USB board from eBay and I'm wondering, it doesn't have the same port like the other board did, so I'm unsure how to connect it to this board. The plug that went into this port was for the spindle motor. (The port I'm talking about and the plug that goes in the port are the first two images below and the third image is the new board I bought.) If it's possible to cut the wire and wire it to the board maybe you could show me how?

Thanks,
- Kai

Although your new board has a USB socket it is a 'Parallel Port' board. Do you have a Parallel Port on your PC and are you using an OS of Win7 or earlier ?

If you purchase the cheap Chinese items, which have no manufacturers support, then you need to have prior knowledge of exactly how to use them otherwise you are just waisting your time and money.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »
My computer is running Windows 10 and my computer does have a parallel port in the back. Also, what do you mean stepper drivers? Is that what I need to make the stepper motors work? Can you suggest a board that has everything that I need that works with Mach3 and is the least expensive?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 01:02:39 AM »
As mentioned earlier, you would need to have Win7 or earlier if you wish to use the Parallel Port with Mach3 - it will not operate with Win10.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »
Hey, I only paid $150 for my CNC machine and I hate to buy a board that costs more than the machine itself. Can you suggest a cheap board that will work with Windows 10?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 06:06:27 PM »
Also, what exactly do I need for my CNC machine anyway? I'm pretty sure I need a USB Interface Board but I also need a Breakout Board for the motors right? I need to make sure I know what I need before I order any more useless parts.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 01:27:33 AM »
Hey, I only paid $150 for my CNC machine and I hate to buy a board that costs more than the machine itself. Can you suggest a cheap board that will work with Windows 10?

I think you should be prepared to spend a lot more than $150.
The Mach3 license is $175 or $200 for Mach4, ethernet controller around $180 and 4 axis motor controller around $650 and then you will need the cables power supplies and other ancilliary parts. I think you have already tried the cheap stuff with your existing USB controller.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 05:44:14 AM »
The BOB you bought looks like an exact clone of the ST-V2 I bought on advise of ZASto. He runs this in conjunction with 3 TB6600 stepper motor drivers. I'm installing this system myself at the moment. You can find great directions on the entire process on the post 'Looking for good DIY controller kit supplier', start page 7, Nov27. Good luck.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 05:47:59 AM »
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 06:21:01 AM »
Hi TPS thanks for providing the link.
KAISIR, Tweakie is right, this BOB will not run on Windows 10. My computer runs Vista, so will run the BOB. You might still have an antique XP or Vista disc in the back of the cupboard you could load, than you can save $25 by buying Mach3.