Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:03:37 AM

Author Topic: Years on now Mach 3 is dropping out on me? Screenset 2010  (Read 1906 times)

Re: Years on now Mach 3 is dropping out on me? Screenset 2010
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2020, 01:06:17 AM »
Ok. So no need to reply here. I just read another forum about this. And it appears to be a bug in Mach 3 with the MDI function. I did what the other bloke did and escape out of the MDI function and it doesnt lock up.

I am torn though, I only paid a small amount for Mach 3. It would be cool to see this bug fixed but I have had a WHOLE lot of use out of it already. I done know how anyone else feels about paying for Mach 3. There is a software that I use for home theatre. Everytime they release a new version they offer it out at twenty bucks.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 02:32:17 AM »
Are you aware that Mach3 development ceased 6 years ago?
No bug fixes anymore. No ANY improvements anymore.

You have to learn to live with its quirks and workarounds, or change the machine controlling software.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 02:41:03 AM »
Hi boydage,
Mach4 is a total new software program, I doubt there is any code in Mach4 that could be uplifted from Mach3.
That's why you are expected to buy Mach4 as a new product. If as you suggest NFS did a twenty buck upgrade
then they would not have resources to do any of the things that they have with Mach4, and they have done lots of kool
things and have a vastly more stable product than Mach3.

I just paid $192USD for a whole bunch of carbide tools for my mill, and that's not the first and certainly won't be the last
order for carbide tools. In fact over the six years I've been using Mach4 I've spent something like $1500 on carbide tools alone.
What I'm getting at is that $200 for Mach4 is actually one of the smallest expenses/investments I've made in my mill.

I'm building a new mill, this time I'm getting the beds cast in iron (115kg each) and the frame in SG cast iron (300kg), and just the castings
alone will cost $7000NZD, or about $4000USD and compared to that Mach4Hobby at $200USD is a steal!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 07:39:50 PM »
Unfortunately, I've never heard of this happening, and I can't reproduce it.
I'd try creating a new profile, and setting it up from scratch.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html