Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:14 AM

Author Topic: touch probe install on mack 3  (Read 930 times)

Offline jon b

•  22 22
    • View Profile
touch probe install on mack 3
« on: August 25, 2020, 04:16:37 AM »
Hi guys please excuse  me if this is not directly connected to mack 3 but i would like to install a touch probe to the interface board on my cnc , my problem is i have used all 3 available inputs 10/13/15 for limit switches xyz . is there a way to loop the 3 switches to one available input thus freeing up 10 or 15 and how may i do this ?
kind regards Jon
measure twice cut once !! so why is my bin always full

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: touch probe install on mack 3
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 04:47:59 AM »
If your limit switches are wired N.C. (normally closed contact) then just connect all three switches in series and then connect to just one input.

(If your switches are wired N.O. (normally open contact) then the switches are connected in parallel)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 09:09:37 PM »
Hi guys please excuse  me if this is not directly connected to mack 3 but i would like to install a touch probe to the interface board on my cnc , my problem is i have used all 3 available inputs 10/13/15 for limit switches xyz . is there a way to loop the 3 switches to one available input thus freeing up 10 or 15 and how may i do this ?
kind regards Jon
What model BOB are you using?
It may be cheaper to change the BOB to one with 4 or more inputs
or
If using parallel ports, add another PCI parallel port card + another $10 BOB for MORE inputs and outputs.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:30 AM »
hi mike c here hookup z touch probe (i watch a video from guru brew) but when i touch the ground lead to the spindle the limit switch trips
and the digitized button is on when i touch the probe ground to the plate it goes off
can you help thanks mikec

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 10:26:07 AM »
Config -> Ports & Pins -> Input Signals
Check the state of Probe input. If needed, check Active Low to reverse behavior of your probe.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.