Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:25:23 AM

Author Topic: How to reset Mach3 to the original complete default  (Read 3320 times)

How to reset Mach3 to the original complete default
« on: August 08, 2020, 06:36:18 PM »
I purchased a new mach 3 and after tuning motors and edge stops  I can get nothing to work and everything is getting worst. I like to know if there is a way to reset the entire software to factory default and restart all the calibration again.
I will really be appreciative about any solution.
Mtabernig
How to reset Mach3 to the original complete default
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »
I wanted to include some information. Everything wha sort of working then I started to get the end tops, the hard stops, to work now I can't get nothing to move.     I would like to reset the entire software to the original default....desperate here!!
I work with the demo version of Mach3 for 4 years and nothing like this had ever happened. I am a hobbyist and I decided to take a plunge and purchase the software if Only can start over.
Mtabernig

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
Re: How to reset Mach3 to the original complete default
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 05:17:40 PM »
If you REALLY want to start from scratch, just save your license file to a safe place, delete entirely C:\Mach3 folder, download fresh copy of software from NFS site, install it, copy back your license file, and you are "fresh as new".

And, also, if you use some specific macros and/or screen sets, copy those to a safe place before deleting Mach3 folder.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 07:31:54 PM »
Thank you for the response. However I am using a new computer with a serial port in lew of a parallel port and I had a problem installing the EU 100  or a similar name and someone help me with that. If I remove everything i will have the same problem. I just like to reset all defaults and be done, if that is possible.
Mtabernig

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 07:59:41 PM »
Serial port?
What for are you using serial port?
MODBUS or something else?
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 08:54:31 PM »
The serial port  on the newer computers disappear, however, I connected the serial port to a UB100" or some near that name" to convert the serial port to a parallel port and be able to assign the pin numbers to the proper port and pins. I did not that existed and I was trying  to use an old computer with windows XP. Now I am using a new Dell with windows 10 and the adaptermention above.
Mtabernig

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 01:10:48 AM »
Are you using the UC100 connected to a USB port on your PC and does it look exactly like this or is it slightly different ?

PEACE
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 01:26:50 AM »
yes, it is exactly like that.
Mtabernig

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 01:34:41 AM »
 All of the setting-up information for the UC100 is here; http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html

Use their installer and follow the on-screen instructions.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 01:42:49 AM »
Thank you
Mtabernig