Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:01:02 PM

Author Topic: Getting Mach3 on new PC (revisited)  (Read 1296 times)

Getting Mach3 on new PC (revisited)
« on: August 01, 2020, 11:30:27 PM »
I did some searching and found this topic 3 years ago but the solutions did not work.  I recently purchased Mach3 for my sons home-built WorkBee CNC.  All worked great for a few weeks. Now, after running fine for 10 minutes it starts to convulse, jerking along the cutting path.   

Lot's of possible causes and I am willing to hear other solutions - guys/gals???

One solution was to try another PC.  The reason we bought M3 vs M4 was it we were suppose to be able to install it on more than one PC.  When I use the install link from M3/ArtSoft (license@machsupport.com) is stays install limit exceeded.   

How can I get this onto a second (and maybe 3rd (laptop) and we try to best configure out CNC shop and set up?

Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Mach3 on new PC (revisited)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 01:25:42 AM »
You can download Mach3 from here;  https://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mach3Version3.043.exe
Once installed copy across your license (Mach1Lic.dat) from the Mach3 folder on your original HDD.

Please note Mach3 requires a 32 bit OS of Win7 or older and laptops are only supported when using an external motion controller.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 06:16:09 AM »
Hi,

The reason we bought M3 vs M4 was it we were suppose to be able to install it on more than one PC.

The licensing conditions of Mach4Hobby are that you may have up tp five PC's active for ONE Mach4Hobby license purchase.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 10:07:03 PM »
I  need to install Mach3 to a newer computer and I need some help.  The old computer seems to have problems.    I bought the sofware and installed it 10 years ago.   Now I don't remember how to do an install.   
Where do I find the key  MACH1LIC.DATFILE and where do I copy it to.  How do I start the install?      Thanks   Jim Glass

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 01:06:26 AM »
I  need to install Mach3 to a newer computer and I need some help.  The old computer seems to have problems.    I bought the sofware and installed it 10 years ago.   Now I don't remember how to do an install.   
Where do I find the key  MACH1LIC.DATFILE and where do I copy it to.  How do I start the install?      Thanks   Jim Glass

You can download Mach3 from here;  https://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mach3Version3.043.exe
Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install - if necessary refer to the Mach3 manual for further details. https://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/

Once installed copy across your license (Mach1Lic.dat) from your original Mach3 folder on your original HDD to your new Mach3 folder on your new HDD.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 03:57:39 AM »
MAch1lic.dat is located in C:\Mach3 folder.
You should transfer it to new computer in the same folder.

As of installation, download the latest version as per Tweakie's link.

Also, You should copy your "machine".xml file tobether  with all files concerned your machine, if you did some tweaking, i.e. macros, brains, ...
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.