Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:42:10 PM

Author Topic: Switching license from Mach4 to Mach3  (Read 1965 times)

Switching license from Mach4 to Mach3
« on: July 14, 2020, 11:12:27 PM »
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to switch a Mach4 licence to Mach3?  I have had endless hassles trying to get my controller (horrible CSMIO/P-M with no support from the manufacturers) working properly with Mach4.  I did have it all running OK until I upgraded the firmware on the controller - now I cant get the touch sensor to work (although it is wired correctly & led comes on when touched) - and I can no longer control my spindle speed from the GUI.

At this point I am just so frustrated I want to go back to Mach3 & may go back to the cheap Chinese controller I had previously ...

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Switching license from Mach4 to Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 08:01:41 AM »
You must have had a Mach3 license previously, correct? So just use that one. The licenses, Mach3 and Mach4, use different mechanisms, so I doubt you can switch. Mach3 just uses a license file and I don't remember how you got a new file if you deleted your old Mach3 install and hence deleted the license file.
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 05:14:48 PM »
No, unfortunately not - I imported this machine from China & it came with a pirated version of Mach3.  I upgraded the machine to the CSMIO/P-M controller (piece of crap - should have bought an American product!) and Mach4 - and I did buy a Mach4 Hobby license, but the plug-in for Mach4 is so buggy it is unusable.  So now I would like to go back to Mach3 just to see if this crappy controller can actually be used at all. 

Anyone want to trade for an ESS controller?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
i use pokeys +mach4 on chines machine, on complex chines cnc(with 2 machines run parallel)without problem
https://youtu.be/eORzkPKqkXM
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
 chines use chines card for mach 3 and its real disaster unstable ,i suggest you not even think about stay with chines mach 3 cards

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »
So it's one of two choices, buy an ESS and keep using Mach4 (RECOMMENDED) or buy a Mach3 license.

I'd sell the CSMIO and buy the ESS for sure!! Mach3 is too old to start with now, and Mach4 is SO much better.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 12:21:01 AM »
Hi,
I agree with Tom, an ESS and Mach4 is a good combination. Bear in mind you need a breakout board or boards with an ESS.

The CSMIO works very well with Mach3 so its not an unreasonable proposition to buy a Mach3 license at $175. However the cost
of an ESS at $180 makes it about a wash. You will get good money for the CSMIO amongst Mach3 users, easily enough to get an ESS
and probably an MB3 breakout board.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 02:37:31 AM »
I really appreciate all the input.  I spent most of today getting the CSMIO going with Mach3 (Demo version) and I think it's now running pretty sweet.  I really would prefer running Mach4, but I don't relish the thought of rewiring the machine again - I still have nightmares from the first time :-(
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 04:01:20 AM »
Hi,
its not so much that there is anything wrong with Mach3 just that Mach4 is so much better:

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=42891.0

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 06:15:33 AM »
when i decided to start use mach(before i use Tpa italy) i search for hardware supplier in europe
i had 2 main options Pokeys or CSIMO
i check both of them ,i wanted to choose csimo but then when i search on plugins always its was written  mach3
when i asked ,i need mach4 they said ohhh its ok we have both
so seem its not real match mach4