Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:43:52 AM

Author Topic: steps per unit calulator NEEDS FIXING.  (Read 3876 times)

steps per unit calulator NEEDS FIXING.
« on: July 06, 2020, 04:22:59 AM »
OK... guys think about this one for a moment.

Goto WIZARDS and scroll down to "steps per unit calculator basic".

There is massive issue with this wizard regarding "developer verse user" outlook on how to use this wizard.

So... think about the issue I am having here. I am from Australia. We use metric, not the American imperial that is the base standard for this software.

I am confronted with "MOVE DISTANCE UNITS". Welcome to a repeating headache I am having with this software (lazy UI programmers). Are those the units, the units I have specified in my profile settings and inherited into the wizard ?!? or is this software still just calculating an American Imperial default of one inch as per the instructional video? (if it is the later then why isnt units specified >.< )

What I am suggesting to do is make the calculator able to specific to the unit of measurement and take the guessing out.

Thank you for reading.
Re: steps per unit calulator NEEDS FIXING.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 05:45:22 PM »
Hi,
all development on Mach3 ceased six years ago.....I doubt anything will change now.

Mach4 is equally adept at mm units or inch units.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:08:02 PM »
I don't see that wizzard in the list of Mach3 wizzards.

As for your headaches, from your first post, we can not give you a diagnose (maybe a partial one :D )
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »
I'm sorry excuse my confusion but I am in the mach4 feature request area of the forum?? Or did I just run into a heap of mach 3 users???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 01:28:50 AM »
Hi Slanteng,

As the whole forum relates to both Mach3 and Mach4 it would perhaps be best to mention Mach4 in your posts to avoid confusing others.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 01:50:19 AM »
Duly noted. So ummm how do we escalate this issue.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 03:26:59 AM »
I would also like to add to ZASto and joeadverage comments by saying that if mach3 isn't supported for feature requests and the window does not exist in mach3; would you think for a moment some one is talking about a version that is supported?! and that some one who forked out decent dollars is actually trying to contribute to user functionality especially looking at this from new users perspective.

I really do not find your comments amusing or helpful ZASto!! I am here because I am clearly having issues with MACH4 and you would know this joeadverage because you have commented on my previous post (even then you failed to understand what I originally posted about).

I bought MACH4 because I was expecting a superior machine management tool supported by a serious company with experienced users.

So far I have found better support and user ability from using GRBL / UGS and an ArduinoMEGA2560 AND ITS FREE! (I upgraded to mach4 so I may use additional axes / functionality and tool management)

At this point in time I am very disappointed with mach4 and feel like I am using a loosely tied together polished turd.

Thank you for all your help tweakie.cnc
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 03:49:42 AM »
Mach4 / wizard / select wizard / steps per unit calculator basic /

"Move distance unit/s" {please specify what these units are !!! Inch or MM or make it select-able for calculation. That is all I am asking for a feature request}

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 03:54:11 AM »
I bought MACH4 because I was expecting a superior machine management tool supported by a serious company with experienced users.

So far I have found better support and user ability from using GRBL / UGS and an ArduinoMEGA2560 AND ITS FREE! (I upgraded to mach4 so I may use additional axes / functionality and tool management)

At this point in time I am very disappointed with mach4 and feel like I am using a loosely tied together polished turd.

Hi Slanteng,

You must remember that the forum consists of a group of users who may try to help each other if they can and any users comments do not necessarily represent the policy or views of Artsoft / NFS.

If you have purchased Mach4 and have an issue with the product (any issue) then your first call should be to submit a ticket to the helpdesk https://www.machsupport.com/support/ that is exactly what they are there for.

Taking a negative attitude towards any forum members comments will not be productive and in the long run we really do all want to help each other if we can.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 04:43:07 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 04:40:23 AM »
Mach4 / wizard / select wizard / steps per unit calculator basic /

"Move distance unit/s" {please specify what these units are !!! Inch or MM or make it select-able for calculation. That is all I am asking for a feature request}

There is no need, the Steps per Unit Calculator operates in UNITS - If all your inputs are in Inches then the calculation will relate to Steps per Inch - If all your inputs are in Millimetres then the calculation will relate to Steps per Millimetre.
It is as simple as that.

Tweakie.
PEACE