Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:17:54 PM

Author Topic: Why Is my ISP Blocked?  (Read 3163 times)

Why Is my ISP Blocked?
« on: June 19, 2020, 03:57:50 PM »
Ok I have been a member here and a licensed user of Mach3 and Mach4 registered here and on the ArtSoft site forever. So for the past two or three weeks the only way I can get on either site is with Verizon Wireless (cell phone hot spot) OR like I am doing today with "Hide my IP" address?  Exact same computer, exact same browser. ??

Going through hell   with MediaCom and they don't know $hit.  So the question is to the website developer  and host at Artsoft why is my IP address blocked?  No its not on my end, remember when I am using Verizon and Hide my IP  address its fine.  My IP address today should show as a random one from San Francisco CA area.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Why Is my ISP Blocked?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 01:16:21 AM »
You are currently showing Multicom Corp. 204.15.72.92

What is the IP that is blocked ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 08:32:10 AM »
Since I can not log in with the "real" IP address that's very difficult.  All I can say is its MediaCom and in Ankeny Iowa 50021.  Edit: I believe this is the MediaCom address -  173.29.228.114

Here is another fun fact. When I access the board with the random IP address, I can not see any of my posts?  If I log in, yes. So the question is; why? 

I am using Norton's and a person would say, that's the Problem! Nope. I only have it active on this computer and no others, and I can not log in with that ISP, go to Verizon bingo, Hide my IP bingo,

So its the server or firewall on this server that has me blocked and why?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:37:41 AM by wmgeorge »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
I have checked and the IP address 173.29.228.114 has not been blocked by the forum so the problem is something your end.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 10:57:46 AM »
Something is going on. Have you checked with the Host Server and its firewall?
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 08:18:04 PM »
Same computer, same browser, same cable modem zero connect with the IP address posted, switch to Hide My IP, same computer, same browser, same cable modem Connect. So the IP address is being blocked, if its changed and it connects ok.

Board even when I log in after successful connection, does not show my posts?

So Simple Machines has made some updates to their software lately and this just started maybe 2 weeks ago. Other users may have the same problem but since they can not bring up the website.... how would you folks know??
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:29:29 PM by wmgeorge »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 02:28:29 AM »
Hi,

I am not aware of any changes being made to the SMS forum within the last 9 Months so I suggest we wait and see if anyone else reports the same issue you are having (I am sure they will find a way of communication if they have a problem).

In the meantime you could perhaps contact Multicom Corp. to request a new IP address.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:37:21 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
The "Hide My IP"  program picks a new IP address at random so I can log in here.  It works fine... as I am here posting?  According to the SMF they have updated the Version your using here several times in the past month. If it has other IP addresses blocked like mine, they will never get back on. ;D

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:35:29 PM by wmgeorge »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 12:32:51 AM »
The "Hide My IP"  program picks a new IP address at random so I can log in here.  It works fine... as I am here posting?

It looks like you have solved the problem then.  :)

According to the SMF they have updated the Version your using here several times in the past month.

This is incorrect - Our forum is still using SMF 2.0.15 (it has not been updated).

If it has other IP addresses blocked like mine, they will never get back on. 

This is incorrect – We can block any IP address and We can also un-block any IP address as far as access to the forum is concerned.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:18:28 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 08:48:08 PM »
I have to pick my Hide My IP address carefully as the one from Chicago location did not work well today, so the Jacksonville, FL random one is what I am using now.  Interesting on all the websites I am on daily this is the only one??