Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:55:25 AM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn  (Read 7849 times)

Mach3Turn
« on: September 24, 2007, 01:57:05 PM »
Hi
I am new user of Mach3Turn, on turn wizards O/D turning, could someone explain the clearance values.

Thanks

Mikemill

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3Turn
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:34:04 PM »
Mike,

The clearance is how far away from the stock you want to pull out to when doing your rapids.

Arnie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 05:46:34 AM »
Arnie

Thanks for reply, doing test turns, I have found you have to minus the clearance value from the X end value, as tool goes to +X clearance at start of cut run, is that your experiance? or am I not running programme as intended.
It would be helpfull if we had a video tutorial for turn wizards! maybe the guys are working on one.

Mike

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:20:37 PM »
That is sort of correct. 
The clearance is for tool clearance,  so if you set in 1" for x start and .5 for x finish, and lets say 0 for z start and -1" for z end.  say .005 for rough cut and .01 for clearance, and finish cut of .002
The first move will go to z start +.01 and x start +.01, this will be a rapid move. 
Then it will move in to x - rough cut, or .995
then it will move z to z end - finish cut or - .998
then it will move x to x start - rough cut and z to z end + clearance rapid move.

all the clearance is for is to ensure the tooltip is well clear of the work when doing the rapids back to the start point of your next cut, it will clear the workpiece in both the x & z.
The clearance will not affect the final end cuts or final dimensions,  the finish cut will cut it to what ever you put into your z end and x end.

If you go to the downloads section you will find some more turn wizards that I made to do other cuts not found in the standard turn wizards.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the tutorials,  they are busy making new program functions.

Arnie

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »
Another way to really understand how the wizards work is if you have a little basic programming experience or knowledge and some gcode understanding, use the screen designer to open up the wizards and dig down into the basic code that is used to generate the Gcode from your inputs.  It can be a great learning tool on how these work.

Arnie
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 11:23:28 AM »
Arnie
Ok got it, I had made a mistake on x end number which ironicly was the same as clearance value, hench much confusion.

As I have an awefull memory I will write a set of instuctions, and will post for others, would you check them?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 01:56:46 PM »
Mike,

I would be glad to check them. 

Check out the additional wizards I made in the downloads section.  They are an ID groove, an end groove, some tapers if you need to taper up to a face or don't know the angle just start and end points, and an experimental parabola.

Arnie
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 05:19:34 AM »
Arnie

Can't find your wizards in download section!! could you point the way

Thanks

Mike

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 09:29:59 AM »
Mike,

It is in the chat forums, go towards the bottom of the topics, there is a downloads section, then drill down to the others section and it is in a topic extra turn wizards.

Arnie
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 11:55:37 AM »
Arnie

Downloaded extra wizards followed were to put them, but now have lost Turn screen. Done Veiw/Load screens/turn addons, but no joy
were am I going wrong.

Thanks

Mike