Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:28:12 AM

Author Topic: Incorrect working space  (Read 1601 times)

Incorrect working space
« on: May 01, 2020, 05:19:52 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am quite new to CNC and am almost ready to fire up my plasma cutter. In familiarizing myself with the table and software, I have found that when I load a G-code into my Mach3 it loads the outside of my work zone. The rectangle is supposed represent my work zone (obviously) but it can very depending on where I have my torch located when I load the G-code. When referenced to zero, the torch is actually outside of the work zone (though, that is less of an issue, I think).

I am using a 5'x10' OEM setup with their custom Mach3 profile.

If there is any resources you think I should look into to become a more proficient CNC user, I would be more than happy to look into it. I just can't afford official training yet ($1200+ a day). I am currently watching the tutorials and am gleaming what I can from them.

Thanks!

Kevin Terral
Re: Incorrect working space
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
Hi,
do you have home switches on your machine?.

From what you have described you are not referencing or homing your machine, and note that is different
to 'zeroing the work coordinates'.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Incorrect working space
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »
I do have homing switches. I will have this problem even after I "Reference all home." The design will always load outside of the workable area. I am still watching the tutorials so I still have a chance of coming across what is causing this.