Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:26:17 AM

Author Topic: Surface map Wizard not working  (Read 2768 times)

Surface map Wizard not working
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:59:18 PM »
Dear All,

I`ve been trying to make this SurfaceMapWizard plug-in work as shown on MachSupport Channel on Youtube but so far I had no success. Perhaps you guys can help me.

I am using Mach4 Hobby, build 4322 under Win10. I did all the steps the lady with the beautiful voice explains but nevertheless I cannot see the same behavior of the tool tip.

After mapping, I went to Configure, Plugins, SufaceMap – NewFangled Solutions, chose the file that was created under my machine profile, clicked apply and then Ok.

So, after doing this I was expecting to see the tip of my spindle move up and down to follow the surface of my table (I went to the point of creating an inclination, as in the video) but nothing happens. The tip stays constantly at the same position.

Is there any other command I need to use? I´ve been doing all the movement using the Jogging Tab but maybe I am missing something here.

I appreciate if any of you guys can provide some advice on that.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus
Re: Surface map Wizard not working
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 06:39:36 AM »
Same here.
Spent about 3 hours now to get this to work, but surface map seems to have no effect at all.
I tried it on .4300 (demo) and .4517 (licensed)

Also I found the map file contains a lot of "noTouch" entries even though during probing everything went fine.
The machine recognized every single probe point.
Well after having no success loading the map file, I edited it by hand inserting plausible values instead of the "noTouch" data.
But that did not change anything.
The map file is just not recognized by Mach4. No hint in the logging window either.
I'll attach my (edited) map file from a "sloped" machine bed.

I'd really appeciate that feature working!

Lothar
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 02:15:07 PM »
Dear All,

I have the same problem the .dat file is as follow:

310.0,600.0,4,80.0,180.0,2, -13, -12, -10,  -9, -12, -11, -10,  -9

I load the map but notting is happend on the Z axis.

Mach4 4.2.0.4300 version.

BR Koen
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 08:42:52 PM »
Hello,

I have the same issue with the wizard. any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using Mach4 Version 4.2.0.4300 licensed.

Thank you,
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:45:22 PM by Melayate »
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
Update: I submitted a ticket about the issue. Machsupport replied: “No you are correct the surface map is not applying right now and we are looking into it.
Sorry for the trouble, I just ran into this issue the other day.”
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 01:34:06 AM »
if its very important  ,i think i can create pp that will get the data from the .dat file pass on the nc file and will calaculate the new z and rewrite the new nc file
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »
If you could do that, that would be awesome! I am not sure when the wizard would get fixed. From what I heard from Machsupport, they will look into it with no ETA.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
one question ,when you want map the surface ,do you consider surface is flat but not parallel to table?
or its should be blend surface between several curve lines?
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
second point need consider ,i need divied any segment to many small segment(can customize it ,let user decide what min segment size) ,so you need consider the files size if no problem
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 11:15:44 AM »
Most surfaces I work with are a blend between several curve lines. I focus mainly on engravings using drag bits so the slightest dip is very noticeable. The raw material I usually work with ranges from dog tags to engine valve covers.