Hello Guest it is April 17, 2021, 06:35:47 AM

Author Topic: New limit/homing switch settings  (Read 265 times)

New limit/homing switch settings
« on: April 22, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »
Hi All,

I put new limit switches in our home built cnc router. They were wired in series but i did it with a separate wire for each switch this time. Each negative line goes to a negative line on the power supply and each common line goes to an input on the Gecko G540 drive. The inputs are no's 2,3, and 4 x, y, z respectively). These are pins no's 11,12 and 13 on the Smart bob. 411. I Made my best guess as to the settings in inputs in Mach 4. When I click home xyz, the z goes to the limit switch, stops and backs off a bit like it should but x and y don't seem to see their switches. They just run into them and crash. I have the switches wired N/O. I double checked the wires and that the switches worked. What should the settings be in Mach 4?

Thank you.

Offline Bill_O

•  362 362
    • View Profile
Re: New limit/homing switch settings
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:21:33 AM »
You might have the x and y switched.
When it is looking for the y switch to be triggered the x is being triggered.
Re: New limit/homing switch settings
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 10:34:55 PM »
Unless something has changed since I last talked to this user, the problem goes much deeper than that.

The Real Time I/O display panel in our SmartBOB plugin indicates that none of the limit/home signals are even getting to the PMDX-411, much less to Mach4's homing inputs. Communications between Mach4 and the PMDX-411 seem to be working because motion and E-Stop appear to be working.

User was asked to test inputs using just a simple jumper wire directly on the screw terminals of the Gecko G540. Test results of this have not been reported to us yet.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.