Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:44:37 AM

Author Topic: Question on Novum V2 BOB  (Read 878 times)

Question on Novum V2 BOB
« on: March 13, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »
If I'd known they were on the shame list I would have made another choice but I'm stuck now.

The question I have is with the USB interface what are the pin numbers for the outputs. Specifically I'm building a plasma torch and the M03 command will turn on the torch but I'm not really sure what output number to assign and what pin corresponds to that output.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
Re: Question on Novum V2 BOB
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »
Hi,
if you have bought a genuine Mach3 license I would suggest send tweakie a PM, he may relent.
The reason that the company is blacklisted is because they routinely peddle pirate Mach3 licenses.
The expectation that you are going to get help on the forum funded by the company (NFS) who are being
ripped off by Novum is not realistic.

Do yourself a favor and buy a decent controller, a US or European made one. I personally recommend an Ethernet SmoothStepper
but others will equally recommend any of the UC100, UC300, UC400 series by CNCDrive or 57CNC by PoKeys.
Chinese controllers seldom work as advertised and you'll find that if you want help China might as well be in another galaxy,
they just don't seem to care about their prey, sorry, customers once they have bought their board.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 06:25:08 PM »
It cost me $170 so I hope it's a genuine Mach 3 license.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 07:24:47 PM »
Hi,
I believe the current price of a Mach3 license direct from NFS is $175USD.

If you paid $170 for the controller and the license then I'm dubious about the license. An email to NFS Support is in order.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'