Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:49:00 AM

Author Topic: Stupid Vista Plug in, S and V reversed  (Read 2352 times)

Stupid Vista Plug in, S and V reversed
« on: February 11, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
My Vista M1 Pendent worked fine in Mach3 and Mach4 until I changed the setup  file and screen set to use the CNCRP / Avid setup so I could use their Auto Zero pad.  It all works fine Except the S & V on the Pendent are now reversed. I used the plug in file from the old Mach4 build but same old thing.

Suggestions or clues of where else to look??
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Vista Plug in, S and V reversed
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 07:02:04 PM »
Swaping the wires in the pendant would work
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »
Yes, I thought of that but I was just looking for a check or un-check solution. I will need to haul out my little Heathkit soldering iron, its served me well. Built lots of ham radios back in the day!! Thank you.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 07:45:50 PM »
Nope its all a PC board, nothing to swap.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 03:29:58 AM »
Look at the last thing you changed before you noticed the errata

I would look at the logic in the screen set that is different to the one you had in before
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 08:01:23 AM »
My Vista M1 Pendent worked fine in Mach3 and Mach4 until I changed the setup  file and screen set to use the CNCRP / Avid setup so I could use their Auto Zero pad.  It all works fine Except the S & V on the Pendent are now reversed. I used the plug in file from the old Mach4 build but same old thing.

Stuart  Please see above. Why would screen set have anything to do with pendent?

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 09:04:55 AM »
Yes I read that

But is the pendant correct and your prev screen dro wrong eg pointing at the wrong location or is the new one wrong

For example the industrial screen a year ago had the override sliders incorrectly addressed .

Ok question what in machine reactions not the screen dro happen when you use the pendant .

A lot of addresses have been changed in Lua in recent times . As I use the old industrial screen ( yes I do have a valid lic.) I often have to do a compare with the current screen when things go pear shaped ,eg the last but one dev rel. stopped the tool offset from working but a quick cut and past from the as delivered screen sorted it out

Hope you can sort it but have you contacted vista for info on the m1 may need a plug in update or a firmware update
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »
The V & S functions on the M1 Pendant just control wither the function is either in the S step by step mode speed or V velocity or constant speed mode.  I have contacted the folks at both Avid and VistaCNC 
 In the mean time I have ordered a wireless keypad and will use the keyboard function to do my pendant thing when zeroing the work piece.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 02:48:30 AM »
Please keep us updated on this as a lot of us use the vista series pendant
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 11:14:56 AM »
I have a p 4-s and when i jog from it any axis it will trip mach 4 v 4300 error code motion underrun 7, reset and it may work a couple times , then faults again . Wrote to zista but no reply yet .