Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:42:20 AM

Author Topic: Problems - Win10 update + PMDX_424 + LUA  (Read 2573 times)

Re: Problems - Win10 update + PMDX_424 + LUA
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
Well....  Can someone recommend a different motion controller that has the same capability as the PMDX-424?   I need to get this machine running again and I can't seem to get any answers as to what would cause this error message.  I have tried everything I can think of.   :(
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 11:41:11 AM »
The mcLua.mcc file is recreated each time that m4 starts.  It reads all macros (*.mcs) for that profile and then outputs the compiled code to the mcLua.mcc file.  It appears that that file is not being made due to either lack of permission or that there is an error in one of the macros that it is compiling.  Are there any other error messages thrown before that one?

Have no experience with encoders.  I see that pmdx has multiple encoder choices, bi or uni directional, reversed, with index, with synthetic, without index. 

I am using pmdx411 on a lathe.  Didn't think you could use 'U' as an axis.  I have x,z and b.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »
The permissions appear to be correct. There are no other errors.  I call the Axis "U" because it is a linear secondary axis for the outfeed of a grinding wheel.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 07:20:25 PM »
i use pokeys with 4 or 5 axiss no any problem ,but please tell me yours problem in few words so i can tell you if i think its can support you

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 12:31:18 AM »
The mcLua.mcc file is recreated each time that m4 starts.  It reads all macros (*.mcs) for that profile and then outputs the compiled code to the mcLua.mcc file.  It appears that that file is not being made due to either lack of permission or that there is an error in one of the macros that it is compiling.  Are there any other error messages thrown before that one?

It is not a permissions problem.  There is a source file (.mcs) that has an error in it. 

As rhtuttle said, the mcLua.mcc file gets built the first time you hit cycle start if it doesn't exist.  Each msc file gets "compiled" into a .mcc file.  And then all of the .mcc files are rolled up to create one mcLua.mcc file.  If a source file has an error, there won't be a resulting .mcc file for it and there definitely won't be a mcLua.mcc file created. 

The easiest way to find the problem child is to launch mach, then choose Operator->Open Script Editor.  Then open up EACH .mcs file in your macro directory and compile it.  The compile option is under the Project menu of the Zerobrane editor.  Eventually, you will see a file give an error there. 

Steve
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 04:37:59 AM »
Keep in mind that Mach4 will try to compile ALL of the LUA files in the folder, even if you don't think you are using it. Perhaps there is one that you were not expecting to be using, and it contains LUA code that is for a newer or older version of LUA. Re-installing Mach4 will NOT remove any custom LUA files from the previous install, so they could be laying about.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »
Keep in mind that Mach4 will try to compile ALL of the LUA files in the folder, even if you don't think you are using it. Perhaps there is one that you were not expecting to be using, and it contains LUA code that is for a newer or older version of LUA. Re-installing Mach4 will NOT remove any custom LUA files from the previous install, so they could be laying about.

When re-installing Mach4 and PMDX plugin, I made sure to delete the PMDX-424-SAMPLE profile along with the wx4.set files to be sure the stock/unaltered files were created. I just did it again for good measure and achieved the same result. The files in the macro folder appear to come with the stock PMDX-424-SAMPLE profile. I have attached the newly created "Macros" folder for the PMDX-424-SAMPLE profile as a zip file.

The easiest way to find the problem child is to launch mach, then choose Operator->Open Script Editor.  Then open up EACH .mcs file in your macro directory and compile it.  The compile option is under the Project menu of the Zerobrane editor.  Eventually, you will see a file give an error there.

I opened each .mcs file and selected compile.  No errors occurred during compilation.  I still get "Lua: Error occurred while opening file" error when starting Mach4.  I also still get "PMDX: Encoder mode has index, cannot set Encoder Position" if I enable an encoder (A&B no index) in the PMDX plugin.  User has full control of the profile & macro folders. Could there be another script file somewhere causing an issue?  Maybe with the stock wx4.set file?

i use pokeys with 4 or 5 axiss no any problem ,but please tell me yours problem in few words so i can tell you if i think its can support you

Machine is a Moore G-1000 (G18) Jig grinder.  Removed old control and installed Mach3 in 2009.  Updated control software to Mach 4 in 2016.
X and Y axis are just basic linear axis to move the table.
Z axis is reciprocating pneumatic axis.  PMDX encoder input is used to monitor Z axis position.  Custom screen has upper and lower position limit input for the operator.  The PLC script polls the position and reverses direction when the limit is reached.
A axis ( I call this "U" axis ) handles infeed/outfeed of the grinding wheel. This axis is controlled programmatically through a custom Mcode.