Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 06:33:36 PM

Author Topic: Arc import prob in Lazy cam  (Read 8728 times)

Offline DRP

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Arc import prob in Lazy cam
« on: September 17, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
Hi all
Just wondered if anyone has had this problem.

I draw a square box in a cad program and convert the corners to arc's radius's, so in other words its a box with round corners.

I save the file off as a dxf file no problem, but when I import to Lazy Cam it renders the box with only 1 or 2 of the round corners. The other corners are replaced with diagonal straight lines.

Does anyone have any idea's on this please? I have the sample dxf files if anyone needs to look.

Many Thanks
Dave P
Re: Arc import prob in Lazy cam
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:20:49 PM »
Please post the DXF and I will see what the importer code is doing.

thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:39:33 PM »
I'm having the same problem. I imported what appears to be a clean plain .svg file from inkscape and it converts curves to lines.  When I do a spiral it's made up of lines! Frustrating!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:59:57 PM »
Please post a file or mail it to me and I will have a look at it

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
Hi Brian, ok here it is had to rename it .doc to upload. thanks. Rob
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
I've messed with all the inport seting and I can't get any arc into LC :(
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 02:25:20 PM »
the same file wil import correctly into corel
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 06:59:53 PM »
Can import correctly into SimplyCam
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 12:06:56 AM »
Brian, with all due respect...I have gone back nearly a years worth of posting only to realize that this problem has existed for at least that time based on threads you've answered.  As someone new to cnc, the stuff I'm trying to import is baby talk to most all here. I've tried as many ways to get a simple file into lazycam as some of the people posting.  I recently purchased Mach 3 and would gladly fork over the lazycam fee, if only I could get a simple circle to import in just 1 file format.  As it looks now I need to find a lazycam replacement??
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 10:10:29 AM »
Hello:
If you would like to use an other Cam program please checkout SheetCam or Bobcad...

The problem with Lcam is that we are having trouble with the Bulged polyline and Splines (Ths is not Lcam code but code that we have licensed from an other software company). They have fixed a few of the loading problems and I have found a small math error that will make an Arc's vanish. I have added code in the Rev that I have been working on to fix this problem.. 

Now for your file:
I have looked at your file again and it will not load.... So I tested the file with Feature Cam and it could not load the file! It says "Corrupted file". If a 15,000 can not open your DXF I don't think I will ever get it to work... So if you would like to post a new one that is openable I would be happy to look at it. IF you would like you can also mail me off list to get me the file.

Thanks and Looking for a DXF that I can open
Brian

www.machsupport.com