Hello Guest it is May 14, 2021, 08:46:37 AM

Author Topic: MACH 4 bugs when cutting?  (Read 314 times)

MACH 4 bugs when cutting?
« on: January 20, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »
Hi all, I have been cutting fairly successfully with mach 4 for a half a year now. Every now and again after getting halfway through a cut the router just flies off randomly and ruins the part. It seems this usually happens on a new CAD file. I export from fusion and use a USB drive to get it on my cutting computer.

This used to happen when a "notification" popped up on the computer but I have since turned those off to avoid this issue.

What goes wrong here? I suspect it is just the new Gcode being corrupted when transferring over. I never have this problem running usual parts hundreds of times over.
Re: MACH 4 bugs when cutting?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
Hi,
this post belongs on the Mach4 General Discussion board, no doubt Tweakie will shift it.

I suspect from your description that the Gcode is being corrupted in the transfer. Does the toolpath show an errant move?
It may be appropriate to install a Gcode simulator or viewer on your cutting PC to view the tool path BEFORE you start cutting.

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
Thank for directing where this post is better opted for. When I run the simulation in fusion it all looks good and same on the toolpath indicator in mach. I guess it is during the transfer... just a pain as it is making programming new parts take twice as long.... seems about 25% of the time is happens.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:32:30 AM »
set the look ahead with a value of 200.
you should solve.