Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:57 PM

Author Topic: Tool Path Display Question  (Read 2787 times)

Tool Path Display Question
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:54:11 PM »
Is it possible to create code for a couple of panning icons for a tool path display e.g. Left, Right, Up, Down. I have been looking for a way to pan the graphics but am at a total loss as to if it even possible. The reason I want to do this is I always use the graphics window to verify that; Mach4 interpreted the tool path correctly, it posted correctly, or more than likely it was programmed correctly. The mouse is the way to go but thought it would be nice to be able to pan the view without it orbiting around it would keep me from having to hold the right and left mouse button down.

I have been able to set the zoom level using the following scr.SetProperty('tlp_Tool_Path_Display','Zoom','10') but do not think I can use this approach
Re: Tool Path Display Question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 12:52:34 AM »
Hi,
see my previous post about posting on the Mach4 General Discussion board rather than here.

The reason I want to do this is I always use the graphics window to verify that; Mach4 interpreted the tool path correctly, it posted correctly, or more than likely it was programmed correctly

I agree that we use the visualization for that purpose but really Mach4 is a motion control program NOT a Gcode simulator.
I think Mach4 will ALLWAYS struggle to display complex 3D imagery of toolpaths, that is really the province of a Gcode viewer.
I use a couple of freeware ones which I find adequate.

There have been a few posts that all but demand that the developers at NFS provide a better toolpath plotter and while
I understand the demand I do not support the request. I would rather the developers stick to the motion control functionality.
You may recall that Mach4 has a nearly new software only THC solution....this is an example of what the NFS developers can and
actually do......and may not have happened if they spent their time on a Gcode simulator.

I favor the idea of 'socketing in' your favorite Gcode simulator.

I have not used:
https://www.machsupport.com/software/3d-cutting-simulator-moduleworks-plugin/
but I have heard good reports from those who have. I understand that it was written by a third party as a paid for ($50) add-on to
Mach4Hobby. It might satisfy your requirement to view a more detailed and revealing toolpath WITHIN Mach4 as opposed to a
stand-alone Gcode viewer/simulator.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Found the Mach4 Board.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:34:47 AM »
Craig

I found the proper board the reason I posted in here was because I have seen Mach4 posts. Anyway. I am just trying to get a overall view of the tool path mainly paying attention to Z depths and if it does not look correct head back to CAM and repost it I do verify my tool paths in Fusion 360 but old habits are hard to break - looking at controller graphics.