Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:16:17 PM

Author Topic: Nothing works, only the switches  (Read 2272 times)

Nothing works, only the switches
« on: November 29, 2019, 06:41:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here, I've got a 9060 woodrouter machine connected to a PC with Windows XP on it. On this moment I run the machine with WinPC CNC and want to switch to Mach3. So I install it on the PC and tried to do all the settings but I don't have any specifications of the control board, because of that I don't know how to configure the XYZ axis and the spindle. At the moment I've got all the home switches and the Estop switch working with the program so I know that the board is connected with de program.
I run it in demo mode now, and it looks like the PC does only receive signals from the CNC and doesn't send any command to the machine. Is that normal for the demo version? And if no, how do I find out how to set-up the configuration? At the moment there are to many variables because I'm not sure about the limitations of the demo version, I'm not sure about the settings in the software and the hardware.

I hope you can help me here.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing works, only the switches
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 01:51:12 AM »
Hi Xammy,

The only limitation of the Mach3 demo version that would concern you is that it is limited to only running the first 500 lines of Gcode - axis movements, etc. are fully operational.

Please have a read of the Mach3 Manual as this answers many of the questions you have. https://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »
Hi Tweaky,

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately I've read all instructions and watched all tutorial video's. So I'm sure now that the problem is in the configuration of the CNC control board from witch I don't have any documentation. The most strange is that it looks like there's any reaction (LED's or clicking relais) of the board. With the other program the whole CNC works fine.

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 12:29:36 PM »
how did you configure your axis in Ports&Pins?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 07:21:26 AM »
how did you configure your axis in Ports&Pins?
I tried different configurations but all with no result. There's no feedback from the control board, not even a LED.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 09:08:50 AM »
Have you checked if there is a plugin for your controller?
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »
Have you checked if there is a plugin for your controller?
I don't know the brand of my controller...
The only things that works as it should be are the end switches of the XYZ axis, the probe and the emergency stop. But I think that they are 1 on 1 connected to the printerport via the CNC control board.

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »
how is your Controller connected to the PC (PP or USB)
some Picture might help.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 04:51:12 PM »

Sorry for the late reply, but here's a picture of my control board. It's connected via the printerport to the computer.
I also verified that the port number 0x378 is correct, my 'old' CNC program runs fine with that port number. I tried several pin setting for the XYZ axis and the spindle but all with no result, no action from the motors and not even an LED that lights up.
At the moment that I tried these all I disconnected the old CNC program by changing it's port number to be sure that there's no interference from it.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »