Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:03 AM

Author Topic: MACH 4 screen contrast  (Read 2633 times)

MACH 4 screen contrast
« on: November 21, 2019, 05:22:30 PM »
How do I change the screen contrast? The default contrast within the demo version is such that I cannot see the toolpath. I can see the Go paths, but I cannot see any other G1.G2. etc paths.

Thanks,
 Chuck
Re: MACH 4 screen contrast
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »
I have now purchased and installed the hobby version of MACH 4

I am still having trouble trying to get good contrast between the part and the toolpaths

I have tried various color settings with  the screen edit features, but still poor contrast

any help would be appreciated on getting  better contrast

thanks,
Chuck
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »
Hi Chuck,

Mach4 sometimes fails to render the background of the toolpath as configured in the control configuration. Sometimes it renders it light orangy so that it becomes harder to see the lines. Furthermore the line width configuration does not work for me. Maybe another bug.

But other from that you can configure all the colors of the lines and the background as you desire. You do this in the Configure > Control Menu rather than in the screen editor. In the configuration dialog choose "Tool Path" tab and configure the colors.

See attached image.

Best regards

Brandon
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 03:56:51 PM »
Thanks Brandon
Exactly what I was looking for.

I don’t think I would’ve ever found it without your help.

Chuck
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 05:08:02 PM »
Brandon
For some reason my “control/ tool path” screen is different. Any thoughts why?
Thanks
Chuck
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 06:16:11 PM »
Hi Chuck,
what version (build number) of Mach4 are you using?. From several months ago the toolpath tab was
deprecated in favour of direct screen edit function, yet your screen shot still shows the tab?

Can you also tell us what screen set you are using, the lower right hand corner will display both the profile
name in use AND the screen set.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 07:13:24 PM »

Craig,

The Ver# is 4.2.0.4300  Build 4300 screen set WX4

I will be using the WARP 9 ESS motion control but I have not loaded the plugins yet on this computer.

Not sure if that would make any difference in what I'm trying to do, I wouldn't think so.

Thanks,
Chuck
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »
Hi Chuck,
the reason that your version differs from the pic posted by brandbob is that the version that branbob is using is old.

As I said the idea of setting the toolpath colours on the toolpath tab changed some months back. Your version is later
and now toolpath colours are a screen edit function.

Go to screen edit mode and click on the toolpath window. I'm not sure whether its 'properties' or 'events' that specify the
colours, but one of them. There you will be able to set colours, line weights and other things, rather more than we had
been able to do from the toolpath tab.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
 Craig,
 I tried that approach but could not seem to find the right settings to change color to get better contrast.

If you could take a screenshot of something that works well on yours I could follow those colors. 

Thanks
Chuck

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »
Hi,
what I found was useful was to 'declutter' the toolpath. Mach as shipped has one colour for the background, another
colour for rapids, yet another for G1 moves and yet another for completed moves.

I found that the toolpath became so cluttered that I struggled to determine a good toolpath. I found with my PCB isolation
routing jobs that the best way is to make the rapids the same colour as the background, ie it disappears.
May I suggest that you 'disappear' one or two toolpath elements as see how much better you can veiw it.

To be honest if I really want to view a toolpath, say for verification before committing the job, I use a standalone Gcode
viewer. Mach4's toolpath display will never be a highly resolved and richly featured display like you would expect from a
dedicated viewer.

Craig