Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:28:10 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 is missing DLLs and does not start after updating to 4.2.0.4300  (Read 1077 times)

I tried upgrading Mach4 from Version 4.2.0.3804 to 4.2.0.4300. I launched the installer and everything installed successfully. However when Mach4 starts various error messages appear. They say that some dll's are missing:

- MFPlat.DLL
- MFReadWrite.dll
- MF.dll

Mach4 does not start anymore since this update. What am i doing wrong? I already removed all my customization / profiles, but that does not help.

Best regards

Brandon
Re: Mach4 is missing DLLs and does not start after updating to 4.2.0.4300
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:41:22 AM »
Nevermind. It's caused when using a Windows 10 N/KN Version. These versions don't come with media stuff. The newer versions of Mach4 do seem to depend on these making it incompatible with Windows 10 N/KN.

A solution is to download the Media Feature Pack from Microsoft (essentially upgrading to a normal windows 10 version): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

Keep in mind that Windows 10 uninstalls the media pack, when updating to a newer windows version (i.e. the biannually updates). So you have to download and install the media feature pack again whenever windows updates.

Best regards

Brandon
Re: Mach4 is missing DLLs and does not start after updating to 4.2.0.4300
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 07:23:33 AM »
Just so we don't get a bunch of people worried if this could happen to them, the N (for the EU) and KN (for Korea) versions are the ones affected. This is because of regulatory issues that require that Microsoft deliver standard versions of Windows 10 without built in media support. Only the EU and Korea are affected, and users there can easily download the needed media support.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com